Savage hyper .21 8-port help on tuning...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaVaGeR21

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi.. i havent drove my savage in like 5 months or something so I'm tryin to get it back up n running. when i started it, it started right up, but i had to put my foot in front of it cause it was like half throttle when it was started. does this have to do with the idle?? can anyone help me? when screw do i have to turn on the carb and how much?? i wasn't sure if i should put this on here or what.. thanks.
savager

Fast idle

You should take the air filter off and check the gap on the slide it should be about 2mm for average idle speed. If is close then back the idle screw off more. It is located down between the carb and the head. It's a small screw that is pointed towards the LSN (Low Speed Needle). Turn it counter clockwise.

also check the trottle trim on your remote controller, make sure the carb is all the way closed at idle.

yes i took off the air filter and the gap is like half way open. ill try to turn the idle screw some.
savager

Back