Savage exhaust leaks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well i went through my whole truck, tried and tried to find out why my truck was running lean... no matter how much i tuned or adjusted trim and all that fun stuff, i decided to pull the engine. I'm glad I did because there were a few problems, the rear gasket was ripped and tore some. I bought some high temp silicon, and sort of filled out the broken areas around the gasket for a temporary fix. i took my exhaust apart and saw that the pipe was melting!(the plastic of the pipe was touching the tube coming from the engine) so i took the pipe apart and saw plastic sitting in the exhaust like it was invited, it was blocking the outlet, i cleaned it all up put it back together( i did make sure the pipe was able to be salvaged) it wasn't as bad as it sounds, do you think the sealant will help with the leaning problem seeing as how the gasket was ripped? Wont be able to find out if i solved the "lean" problem until later tomorrow when it dries. Let me know if its an ok temporary fix!:whhooo:

yeah I do agree, the thing that good my scared was all the oil and fuel leaking out of the gasket. so i thought id start from there, be safe, and do a whole entire cleaning of eveything on my truck

Back