savage driveshafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have broke evary stock driveshaft and dogbone on the truck twice. I have since upgraded to hpi heavyduty dogbones. But now i keep breaking the driveshafts. If any one know of a good heavy duty one I would like to know. Because I need something that will hold up. I looked at tower hobbies and they didnt have anything.

do they last or has anyone tried them

That will be a hard one to answer...first, the Savage just came out not too long ago. Second, the hop-ups are still moving into the market. Third, the combination of the aforementioned points, makes any kind of long term assessment near impossible at this time.

I'll tell you what I know. I have them on my truck. When removing the HPI dogbones, I noticed a few design issues that make them prone to failure. The Hot Bodies set do not have those same issues.

After I'va had a chance to bash the hell out of my Savage, I'll let you know. Until then, you will have to either take my word for it or someone elses.

Good luck and happy hunting...

Another thread in this same section also mentions the use of HPI Heavy Duty dog bones and confirms the design flaw issue. You can either go and buy the HPI HD DBs or contact HPI about replacing the broken dogbones you have. They might replace them free of charge.

I know that in the case of design or material defects most companies will replace the flawed equipment for free. I'm betting that HPI is no different.

I have them in my SAVAGE and they have held up great with the stock engine. Getting ready to put them to the real test with the Picco .26. If you do get the HB ones, be sure you add another 4mm x 4mm set screw. Some people have lost the pins out of these. They look like the best made out there so far.

I am going to try them and see where it takes me. Thanks for all of your help. Matt

I'm going to be testing out the GPM drives this weekend, I'll see how they hang with the Hyper 21, and report back.

Kool, cause those GPMs are suppose to be 1 of the cheapest out there.

Back