Savage CVEC Tuned pipe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How does the CVEC Savage pipe compare to the stock SS ribbed pipe as fars as loudness? Also how does it perform? Thanks.

them damn ribbed pipes are loud as hell not bad on power I've only tried a cvec on a .15 engine and was not impressed...

Yeah they are lound as hell, which is why I want a quiter one lol. Anyone know if the CVEC is quiter?

It should be, I have one on a HPI .15fe it was quieter than my THS but I removed the piston in the pipe and now its super loud and performs better I think?

So the piston makes it quiter and they are adjustable? Thats what I heard about CVEC pipes, is it true you can adjust them for high, mid, and low performance?

Ya, its adjustable via a sliding piston in a perferated cylinder, the farther back the less back pressure and farther forward vice/versa. I moved it forward, back, somewhere in the middle and decided to take it out? I like it out.

You can actually tune this pipe, I might have to get this one.. As far as power what pipe has more power CVEC or ribbed?

Well, I got the pipe and mounted her up and this pipe is awsome. It is easily twice as quite as the ribbed pipe and is a performer. My savage sounds silenced compared to what it was. This pipe is great.

Good to hear the CVEC does what you wanted. I think I might try one out since it was very difficult to tune the TSAIS pipe. The only thing I could do was buy a longer rubber coupling and move it back and forth to increase/decrease backpressure. Also the TSAIS pipe does not have a flange at the end so I had to zip-tie the pipe to the chassis to keep it from slipping off.

The CVEC doesn't have a flange either but it stays on my Savage just fine. The sound difference is night and day to me. My savage is now quieter than my Buggy! No joke, this pipe almost has a two-toned kind of not. You can listen for a high and low exhaust note, its cool :)