Savage 4.6 in snow? Is it okay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slack055

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
We keep getting snow here. There's only about 4 inches an the road is ice an it's like 30 degrees or so. Would my savage be alright to run in it?

Are your electrics water proof? If so, go have fun!

Savvy_in_Snow.jpg

Yup, make sure you're electronics are either waterproof or have been waterproofed and you're good to go. Be sure to take pictures! :D

its a blast to run in snow. i did last winter a few times. we get lots so it was a chore trodding through 4ft to retrieve stuck savage, but for the most part it would plow right through/over it. i had to insulate head and block with rags, as it was +30 to -20 the times i ran it. didnt waterproof it, but made sure to get the snow off right away when i was done. be aware, the area around and behind the engine will fill with snow and turn to ice after a while.

Snow was awesome for a few days just went to run a
Again an things were going great then outta no where the truck wouldn't go. It revs up an an runs fine but maybe I got the clutch wet cause the snow has turned a little slushy now.

Back