Savage 4.6 dont start help plese!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muped

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi i recently owned a used hpi savage .25 but it wont start only if i put a few fuel directly into the engine. i reset the carb needles into the factory position. Help me please

How long ago did it run right? Is this YOUR first time trying to run it?

Sounds like your idle is closed down too far, your LSN is not set properly, your needles are gummed from sitting or your glow plug is shot or not getting enough power.
We need the info I asked for in the first sentence.

I make it run today but i have to remove the glow plug and put a few drops of fuel in the engine and it runs for at least 5 minutes after i turned off then when i tried to started up again it dont want to start normally i have to remove the glow plug again and put a few gas in the engine again

Take off the air cleaner and drip some fuel into the carb. Let it run till it stalls.
Put your finger over the exhaust and try to start it. That will prime it and possibly clear the needle. Try to start it again normally.

I make wath you said and no luck it still doing the same i think I'm going to buy a new carburator hope that fix the problem