Savage 25 diff housing upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfnaHyper

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey there guys.

I'm looking at upgrading my savage 25 diff housing to the savage X style. It is such a ball ache to have to pretty much remove the entire back/front end to get the diff out. I like the idea of just having to remove the front cover of the case on the X. I have read somewhere that I will have to change the shock tower also as the 25 one doesn't fit. Is there anything else on my 25 that is not compatible?

Any help or feedback as always much appreciated.

Hey there guys.

I'm looking at upgrading my savage 25 diff housing to the savage X style. It is such a ball ache to have to pretty much remove the entire back/front end to get the diff out. I like the idea of just having to remove the front cover of the case on the X. I have read somewhere that I will have to change the shock tower also as the 25 one doesn't fit. Is there anything else on my 25 that is not compatible?

Any help or feedback as always much appreciated.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42083

Thanks for that. On that thread it says that some other parts are required for the conversion. Does anyone know which parts these are?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that. On that thread it says that some other parts are required for the conversion. Does anyone know which parts these are?

Thanks in advance.

didnt see that.... I'm not real sure as i started with the X

I haven't done this conversion but there is one part I know that is required. It's the metal cross brace that goes through the bulk heads joining the tvps. The 25 is round where the X is square or hex shaped,I can't remember which.

I haven't done this conversion but there is one part I know that is required. It's the metal cross brace that goes through the bulk heads joining the tvps. The 25 is round where the X is square or hex shaped,I can't remember which.

x is square

Back