Sand driving sealant/ lubricant?...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scavind

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I might be going to the beach again and I want to bring my truck with me but I'm worried about sand in the gears. Also there is a skatepark close to it that has some good jumps. I found these two cans of White Lithium Grease and Pryoil Silicone Lubricant in the garage. They both say they are good lubricants and they both say they are water resistant. The grease lists that it is good for bearings and marine applacations. I want to know if these will help while driving in sand and help lubicate transmission, and diff ring gears. Also if it will seal the transmission and diff halves so sand can't get in. Will this stuff help keep everything running smooth while in the sand?

DSC00500.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00494.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00495.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00496.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00497.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00498.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00499.jpg
[/IMG]

I tried to get the pics as clear as possible to show yall what the small writing says.

Last edited:
Ok... I'm very sure someone out there has something to say. Please dont leave my tread. I have a question. If my post is vague, PLEASE TELL ME and tell me what is vague.

If you're gonna run in the sand dont use lube...the sand will stick to the lube wearing things down faster while making it harder to clean afterwards...I found the best thing to bring is the tire inflator can with 125psi of air and a blow gun on it to blow the sand from the outer differential bearings,wheel bearings and drive shafts...Good luck

Last edited:
I wouldn't use anything inside the transmission case, just make sure your shift adjustment plug is covered. I'd use the white lithium grease on the rings/pinions only, but probably afterwards, unless you want to do a before and after teardown. If you run it in the sand, it won't matter what you try, you'll still have to tear it down to the diffs anyway to get it all out. At least that has been my experience with it. Surgemaster offers the best advice imo.

Back