S.T.E.M. RC aeromodelling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fliers1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
There are 98,000 public schools in the US. I'm currently working with the Lockport, NY Senior High School S.T.E.M. program. It will start again in the fall.

I got a call from the local Civil Air Patrol to train cadets how to fly RC airplanes.

Most people aren't aware there are many other uses for people to learn how to fly RC airplanes. I've trained people with PTSD, Parkinson's, and ADHD, and this hobby/sport helped them significantly. My teaching technique is easily learned and shared. After an hour of learning this method, it can be easily passed on to others via RC flight simulators. I've contacted psychologists suggesting they use my hands-on promotion method for therapy. One psychologist emailed me asking for more information. Sounds like he's interested.

Clarence Ragland | Facebook

Attachments

• TEACHING THE TEACHERS PROGRAM(1).pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 39
hope this is copywritten. And have the process mailed to yourself with a signature required onverlope.to cover your rer and process

hope this is copywritten. And have the process mailed to yourself with a signature required onverlope.to cover your rer and process
I would love for anyone to be able to use this method. I've been doing this for over 50 years and everyone is welcome to it, but to learn it properly, they would have to come to Lockport, NY to my flying field. Yes, it could make someone a ton of money using it for many purposes, but I will be 76 in August and running out of steam. I'm hoping someone will take the chance and come here to learn this very productive marketing technique. Imagine a hobby shop owner with an employee who knows how to use this method. He could give customers RC flying lessons on the store's RC flight simulator. Or school teachers training their students en masse. Then the students could teach other students....mass and rapid growth. The only people who would have a problem are club members fearing their flight line would be overcrowded with too many beginners.

Good afternoon to all-
Alas, this comes about ten years too late...
I was a teacher for nearly 40 years and I think this sort of program might be very, very positive for a lot of kids. And when you think about it, nearly every high school has a big open field- either athletic practice fields or even paved parking lots which would serve very well.
There would need to be guidance and there would absolutely be problems to deal with- anything that has to do with kids has problems- but I can see this idea being vey positive.

I commend you, Brother, for working this RC flight program up- it's a good idea, i think.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

It's still a work in progress. I hope to be able to get something going this summer. Someone from the Civil Air Patrol emailed me saying that he would like to get an RC aeromodelling club going in about 2 weeks. That will be the program that really would make things happen. Schools may get involved next fall. Here's hoping. I may be getting something going with our local YMCA. They have a huge field in the back of the Y. I belong to two clubs and members don't want anything to do with it, so I'm all alone for the time being. I've got quite a bit of feelers out there. The Canadian aeromodelling organization is in serious trouble and I don't think they will last much longer. They're losing members en masse. AMA may be in the same position down the road. I hope not.

It's a moral imperative that I keep trying...I can't quit. I ask everyone. "What would you do if you could all but instantly teach people to fly very skillfully?"

I really would like to chat with any psychologists or psychiatrists. They could use RC aeromodelling with an RC flight simulator for therapy for their patients.
I've trained over 400 people over the years and all came to me because they couldn't earn their solo wings in their clubs. All were a bit depressed, but after about an hour their demeanor changes 180 degrees once they realized that they weren't too slow to learn. They were elated when they left for home.

VISION

A vision is a picture or idea you have in
your mind of what the end product needs to
deliver. It is an idea about what the future
will look like. It is about possibilities. A well-defined
vision helps to focus and create a
purpose, which becomes the measurement
of success.
Nothing is accomplished if there is no
vision to start things moving. A vision is a
capability to see beyond the current reality.
It also can be a powerful way to keep one
focused on what you want to achieve while
keeping you motivated in achieving it.
No lasting achievement is possible
without a vision, and no dream can become
real without action and responsibility.

Cheers

Last edited: