Ryft mods. What ya think?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicJames

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Not complete yet but it's getting there. Extended the front axle and suspension forward about 1.5 in. Don't know if that's gonna benifit the truck or hinder it. But it looks cool. Made some body panels, added aluminum axle housings and all steering components. Aluminum trail arms. Added in an 8s capable esc. But don't plan on pushing that much. Maybe 6s if I'm feeling reckless. The weight increased substantially so it's not as crazy as one would think. Need to put in a steering stabilizer on front steering arm. It gets the death wobble at moderate to high speed.

20230408_195617.jpg

Looks pretty cool. How does it handle?
It still has a speed wobble in the front suspension. Does not roll so easy like before so that's good. I need to put a stabilizer on the steering control arm or something to that effect. Also the suspension link pivot joints have some slop that needs attention. A problem that is common with these ryfts from what I've gathered. I appreciate the compliment. It has a ways to go but I really do like the model. Just needs a lot of modifications for how much it was. I think they just skipped the testing and put it on the market. It almost seems like they started with quality in mind. Then the second half was rushed and they had to throw it together and hit some kinda deadline .

It still has a speed wobble in the front suspension. Does not roll so easy like before so that's good. I need to put a stabilizer on the steering control arm or something to that effect. Also the suspension link pivot joints have some slop that needs attention. A problem that is common with these ryfts from what I've gathered. I appreciate the compliment. It has a ways to go but I really do like the model. Just needs a lot of modifications for how much it was. I think they just skipped the testing and put it on the market. It almost seems like they started with quality in mind. Then the second half was rushed and they had to throw it together and hit some kinda deadline .
My only complaint with ours is the track width needed to be about 10mm wider per side, because it rolls over on a whim. But I am sure they modeled these off the real thing. Maybe a little more squat will fix it.

Same way with my Bomber, she is stubborn and wants to roll all the time.
A beast and kick in ass to run.
I agree with WF, the real deal don't stay on their tires.

yeah a nice squat seems to prevent the overabundance of rolling. At least to the degree of normalcy. I went with internal spring shocks. Some amazon cheap 120mm no names. Though the outcome is surprisingly good. They came with the choices of springs rating from black- soft, silver-med and brass- stiff. I chose the brass and I like the result. Not bad for twenty five bucks. Now I just need to fix my link slop problem and I'll be good. I have realized the need of a sensored system as of now. The cogging is just unacceptable now. Time for another chunk of change. I swear I could buy another xmaxx or xrt with the amount I've put in this bouncer!

yeah a nice squat seems to prevent the overabundance of rolling. At least to the degree of normalcy. I went with internal spring shocks. Some amazon cheap 120mm no names. Though the outcome is surprisingly good. They came with the choices of springs rating from black- soft, silver-med and brass- stiff. I chose the brass and I like the result. Not bad for twenty five bucks. Now I just need to fix my link slop problem and I'll be good. I have realized the need of a sensored system as of now. The cogging is just unacceptable now. Time for another chunk of change. I swear I could buy another xmaxx or xrt with the amount I've put in this bouncer!
I went with all Tekin electronics with an onboard Hotwire. The only thing not Tekin is the shift servo, which is a Hitec. I feel your pain 😜

I remember trying to make my Wraith a decent basher. It tool a lot of money and time and it was still crap 🤣

I get the feeling If I know what's good for me I'll stop now and move on. May just do that.... I'm wise enough to know that sheer will can not shape what is forever constant. Yet foolish enough to get stuck somehow repeating the lesson.....😑

Killer looking Ryft!:thumbs-up:

I tried the extended front links thing. I couldn't get my shocks to line up to my liking so I went back to the stock links.
I added 10mm hub extenders on each corner. When I run softer crawler type tires they balloon at speed and wants to roll over first chance it gets. (naturally)

But running the more firm stock tires or the even firmer Lasernut stock tires, she handles pavement beautifully!
The +10mm at each wheel made all the difference on and off road.

I tried the extended front links thing. I couldn't get my shocks to line up to my liking so I went back to the stock links.
I added 10mm hub extenders on each corner. When I run softer crawler type tires they balloon at speed and wants to roll over first chance it gets. (naturally)

But running the more firm stock tires or the even firmer Lasernut stock tires, she handles pavement beautifully!

Which hub extenders did you get?

I tried the hub extenders as we'll. Found my axle getting tweaked from landings. Bending right after the housing. 0
Which hub extenders did you get?
I went about twice that length which was probably my problem. Plus with my new axles the hex threading was larger then what hex nuts came with the type I first chose. Ended up using the type with the pins. I didn't like that at all. But they were solid just to long most likely. First jump I bent the axle landing on rear wheels

Those wheels are sick! I'm in love with the shocks as well. Really like the look of your rear end.......🫣...u know what I meant.🤣