Rustler: Rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Look at this....

All during break in.

rustie%20rim.gif

What rims do you suggest?

I dont suggest chrom on a 2.2 stadium truck because the tires dont protect the chrome on the rime wheel enough. I used these rims once. I really like the look of the pro-line aggitators. on the left
wheels_comparison.jpg
But againt eh chrome didn't last long. You can always get the white ones and die them.

If you want tough wheels the RPMs are some tuff momas but man they are all ugly as far as I am concerned in the 2.2 size. Stay with pro-line or Trx if you want a decent looking wheel.

Also Becareful when you glue your wheels cause the Rustler is like the Pede and the Evader they all use diffrent wheels on front than they do on the rear. So you dont want to glue the front tires on the rear wheels. I admit I made that mistake once. Runined a brandnew set of proline tires. X

Hello Mayhem,

I have not found a plastic wheel that will hold up for the Rustler. Repeated emails and also a whole group of people emailing Proline asking them for Velocity wheels for the Rustler left us with a "maybe something in the future" email reply. I have ran the Proline agitator, all RPM wheels and they all break. The RPM are real weak in the hex area.

Roy

HPI Makes some tuff rims. I have had mine for a while now and they are still like new. Pro Line makes great tires, but I wouldn't go for their rims.

Traxxas rims suck, they crack so easy. I will try out the aggitators. Hopefully they will last longer

doesn't RPM replace them??????

All rims will break and flex undedr pressure. Even al. or Ti. Have you checked out any Ti rims?