rustler questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ermull

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK i know I'm getting rustler but i need to know if you have to break int he electric one. Also if i do get a vxl rusty then is the a batter that has a long runn time I'm not to keen on bashing for 10 mins then going in and sitting down working on my rig. I wann go out for a long time and make kids go wow can I try. Sorry i kinda had a detour. I guess the vxl is faster then the nitro. It seems electric is being really hyped up about nowadays. Well tommrow my uncle is comn down and we are gonna run his t-maxx, which he repaired cause he did a 10 foot drop. I am going to customise my rusty for winter aswell . I saw some guy with sand paddles on his rig I'm probaby gonna do that for my rusty. Also is there a way to make it front wheel drive. Imagin the preformance!
Please answer!!!!

First things first. You do supposedly have to 'run in' brusjed motors but the Titan motor in the XL5 isnt worth worrying about to me. Dont buy a VXL to put in an XL5 cause you'l have to upgrade too much...
DO buy a VXL Rusty, you will never regret that purchase, although buy a Traxxas cooling fan for the ESC at the same time. You dont need to break in brushless, or at least I never have, and I've got a few, and if you run high MAH LIPO batteries you'll get much longer runtimes.
As far as making it front wheel drive I think the effort will outweigh the benefits, but if its a project you want then yeah......
Performance will suffer though, extra weight + extra drag on motor from second set of drives etc.
The Rustler VXL is awesome straight out of the box, and there's not a lot in the same class that will beat them, if any.

I have been heavily considering the slayer now. It is easy and affordable and ther is room to upgrade and=y upgrades you suggest . I'm buying from Amainhobbies. I was told to buy a adapter battery and charger to start off.

The Slayer is the Nitro version of the Slash, and it'll be a while till you get it cause they're on backorder aye.
They look like they were built on the Revo Platinum chassis so upgrades should be easy.
Nice truck by the way... Great choice.

grr i messed up I ment to say slash. Man i keep confusing you.

Back