running in cold

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bohr

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the best way to get a nitro going well in the cold
my buddy starts his in a heated garage i dont have that capabilities

Blow dryer,also use the search tool this has been a common subject recently here and there is a ton of info already

transmited from a mobile communications device

Last edited:
Put a sock or aluminum foil on the head to keep temps up and to be able to tune it without running it lean. Get it inside asap when its not running so it doesn't cool down too fast. Also put the piston at bdc.

A baby sock works well, it fits nice and tight.

Watch your temps with the tinfoil. I found both my savage and tmax were overheating with a good tinfoil wrap

With foil one should only partially wrap the head,rag pieces and socks allow for better cooling

Watch your temps with the tinfoil. I found both my savage and tmax were overheating with a good tinfoil wrap

You can poke holes in the foil if your engine needs more cooling.

My favorite is a piece of an old wool sock that I've absolutely refused to throw away,"I'm a repurposer" and I really loved those socks man,kept me warm time and time again out on the frozen water,and I just couldn't bring myself to toss a few good pieces of good wool in the trash,lol,.......I'm serious!

i use an old hunting sock on my Maxx's ! i do run them in the winter, but not on very cold days ( which in MN is all winter long LOL !)

:search_it: