Running a lipo 11.1V 5200mAh in a stock Maverick Strada sc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siclic

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m reasonably new to electric rc, brought a Maverick Strada sc 6 weeks ago, its got a 7.2v ni-MH battery and I was warned to not run a powerful lipo in it as the 3215kv motor and running gear wouldn’t handle it. Well I got an 11.1V lipo 5200mAh and it loves it haven’t had a problem yet.. any thoughts?
image.jpg
image.jpg

1st thing move the on/off switch to main upper chassis brace if you can..to much heat from motor where its at (just my opinion)you might think your rc likes it but you will find nope parts are gonna fail.i would have gotten a 2 cell not a 3.. but its all you....happy wrenching soon.

My body loves Dr. Pepper and bacon, but I know I will be paying for it when my innards finally shut down from it. However, right now, it is soooooo worth it. Just like running 11.1v in your car.

1st thing move the on/off switch to main upper chassis brace if you can..to much heat from motor where its at (just my opinion)you might think your rc likes it but you will find nope parts are gonna fail.i would have gotten a 2 cell not a 3.. but its all you....happy wrenching soon.
Ok cool, I’m going to put a heat sink and fan on the motor, but I’ll find somewhere to fix the on/off..
I expect the plastic gears to shred eventually, easily replaced... push the boundaries I say..thanks for your reply mate

Back