Running 2WD?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxrider076

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I need some feedback from some experienced RC addicts LOL. I own 2 savages and i was thinking about running one of them straight RWD. The one i would be doing this to is Savage X 4.6 just bought it 2 months ago so its fairly new. Thoughts on this and possible risks would be greatly appreciated!!

^^ I agree. I've also don't it before after breaking front dogbone. Was fun ill admit!

Not a good idea. Poor handling for one, really hard on the rear dif for the other.

i was thinking the same thing. since all the torque is going straight back then it would be hard on it after a period of time and running it

how did you break the dog bone, when i got my savage someone mentioned that the stock dogbones suck, so inside of a week i was changing them for the HPI HD CVDs and drivshafts

---------- Post added at 8:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:21 AM ----------

now the only thing that breaks is the set pins on the centre driveshafts

---------- Post added at 8:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:23 AM ----------

i meant screw pins

If I wanted to run in RWD could I use a locked differential?
It would already be hard to control right...so why not?

for bashing I wouldnt recommend it. especially locking the diff, thats a recipe for disaster, been there done that.

Actually I was thinking that it might work for my low slung savage x

Be honest what happens?....what'll happen to the differential

Locking the rear diff will break axles, break the pins inside the diff, will distort the locker causing a nightmare removing it. I used the maximizer locker. I broke all 4 axles with and lrp 30 doing donuts. They were X axles tho.

Even for a speed application I wouldn't lock the diff. If you want to run 2WD for top speed sure but you need good tires and a fine tuned rear diff. Other wise you'll be fighting the diff

Ok so I'm in the process of stealing the differential from the savage flux, I used the differential, the bearing, and the pinion gear, why are these ones built tougher, are electrics wicked powerful. I've only ever bought nitro...

The flux and xl come with machined steel ring and pinions. The New X comes with a sintered ring and pinion.

Ok so I'm in the process of stealing the differential from the savage flux, I used the differential, the bearing, and the pinion gear, why are these ones built tougher, are electrics wicked powerful. I've only ever bought nitro...

if i was you i would just buy a RWD car or truck easier LOL.

Thanks, but I'm trying to be a all savage x about it, by and by what would you recommend for a RWD truck or car, I seen some guys drifting R/Cs over the weekend....that looks fun!

Thanks, but I'm trying to be a all savage x about it, by and by what would you recommend for a RWD truck or car, I seen some guys drifting R/Cs over the weekend....that looks fun!

a buggy or a HPI firestorm

I could drift this

null_zps00e49595.jpg

Ya I just finished up on the suspension on my savage

---------- Post added at 8:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:42 PM ----------

How do I up load a pic to the forum, if you care to see my basher in in my profile....thanks for having a look......P.S don't let Rolex see, it's kinda dirty.

Ya I just finished up on the suspension on my savage

---------- Post added at 8:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:42 PM ----------

How do I up load a pic to the forum, if you care to see my basher in in my profile....thanks for having a look......P.S don't let Rolex see, it's kinda dirty.

photobucket or image shack then put the IMG code in your reply on here

NICE dreammachine!!

Back