rs4 info..

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm getting some used rs4's, and want to know the diffrence between them. I've been obsessvly looking at the hpi site, but can't seem to come up with excactly what they are. one has belt drive with a 2 speed, and the other is shaft drive with a single speed.. is the belt drive an older version? and i havent seen ANY single speeds.. is that an older version too? and how old?

The belt drive is either a RS4 or RS4 2, if it has a silver chassis that is not countersunk on the bottom then it is an original RS4, if it is a purple chassis belt drive it is an RS4 2 the shaft drive could be any version of the RS4 3, either the RS4 3, RS4 3 evo, and I believe there may be one more version of the RS4 3. The fact that the RS4 3 shaft driven car has a single speed tranny makes it the RS4 3 rtr. There is a two speed tranny available for that car.

The belt drive versions are older and have been discontinued for some time now, but parts are still readily available for them, and many of the RS4 3 parts are interchangable with the earlier versions..

hey nitro.. as far as the receiver backs.. do they take flat rechargables? or only the 4 double a's

In there stock form you can use a 5 cell hump pack, but with the RS4 3, if you replace the battery tray with a carbon upper deck you will need to use a flat pack

Back