RS4 Axles!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BI_SRT-4

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got a HPI RS4 EVO3 w/ O.S. CV-R .18
almost every time i run this thing i break and axle.
Are there any companies that make stronger axle's.
the one's i keep getting are OE HPI axle's
I usually break one of my outter ones which are from the diff. to the wheel.
but in this last week i broke 1 rear center and 1 front center.
(From gears to Diff's)
I need help. its depressing that almost everytime i run i break an axle.
Someone please help.
Anyway to make the stock ones stronger.
Are there any companies that make stronger one's.

Also if anyone has problems with the HPI exhaust gasket blowing out, RedCat make some really think gaskets and i have yet to blow one out.

well you can get a make called GPM racing they do steel hop up axles front, back and the centre best place to look is ebay for them. hope this helps mate.

Last edited:
thats weird, i got the same setup but i havent broke nothing yet everything seems to hold pretty good, ..does your cup joints get mangled ,is there anything else where you see exessive wear or the shafts just snaps for no apparent reason

wt engine is it, because i thought if you change the engine to a bigger 1 it effects the gears? because i was always questionin it about gettin 1 for my rs4?

I've the the CV-r .18 in my RS4 3 and have had no problems with the axles. Only problem i have is with spur gears, i burn though them super fast. are the axles rubbing on something that would cause wear?
DSCF0761.jpg

yer see thats my worry burnin through gears shame u cnt upgrade the gears and get stronger ones

yes there are universal and cvd axles out there for the rs4. i was twisting stock center shafts with my os .15 cvrx so i dont doubt for a second the .18 is killing them.

vtecscott: you can get aluminum spur gears but their hard to find because they can cause much more serious problems further down the line. My advice if you wanna upgrade to a bigger engine, just stock pile stock spur gears, there not to expensive, and dont get on the gas too hard and you'll be fine.

I've never replaced a gear on my rs4 3s, if you get the mesh right there are no issues with gears.

did you grind any area off the rear diff housing to get the engine to fit? everyone i know with a os pullstart engine had to grind there to get proper gear mesh because the pullstart was hitting the housing.

I've never replaced a gear on my rs4 3s, if you get the mesh right there are no issues with gears.

did you grind any area off the rear diff housing to get the engine to fit? everyone i know with a os pullstart engine had to grind there to get proper gear mesh because the pullstart was hitting the housing.

i had to .. all rs4 3 are like that,the best is to get the carbon fiber top plate, it keeps the frame stiffer and it weights nothing

I use my HPI Roto Start but it goes through one way bearings.
I never got through spur gears. Get the new set of gears and make sure your gears mesh all the way around.
Then move the engine away from the trans. Use the plastic bag that the gears come in and fold it in half and put it in between the trans and the clutch bell gears.
apply pressure on the clutch bell and engine so that it sits straight and tighten it down so its tight with the plastic in there. Once you pull the plastic you will have a perfecrt mesh. Its never steered me wrong yet so. I also use so mystery marvel oil on the gears, it gets a little messy but it makes eveything run smoother.

Can anyone find me a website for those axles???

look on hpi web site in the option part...they have the MIP cdv's i think they are supposed to be stronger than stock

Thanks for showing me those parts, cause i would just keep buy OE parts over and over.

Thanks for showing me those parts, cause i would just keep buy OE parts over and over.

with that mill tuned right and some sticky tires you would have gone through alot of stock replacements. the ones i linked to are better than stock but not the best out there. just the first i came accross on feebay.;)

btw, first link is for the outer drive wheels and the second link is for the tranny and diffs.

Back