RS4 3evo+ personal review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
PLEASE IF YOU START READING THIS READ IT ALL NOT JUST THE FIRST PART

well i just got my rs4 today and got it out sorry to start off if any of this offends any one. but here we go first impression havent run it yet this is based on just touch feel and looks as well as basic mechanics. ill start with the bads. well it seems to me its very cheaply made (reasons) shocks are poor the rig sags to the ground, nothing a few spacers for the shocks dont fix so problem pretty much solved. next is the battery pack for the car very poorly done you have to cram the batteries in and by that i dont meen so they are secure its the (-) side terminals are way to far out took for ever to get the batteries in there. next the transmitter wile its ok the look and feel of it is that i feel worse than red cats perhaps the electronics are better but idk yet. next will be the build all steering links and upper arm supports are plastic never seen that b4 most are plastic ends with a alum rod not sure what i think of this ones set up there. exhaust support is also a very bendable plastic as with most of the upper body like shock supports and body pole mounts seems to me like it will break easy and the air filter personaly not a fan of it. and i gotta find a hex screw set cause the screw driver tips also not a fan of.

with all that said again with out running it i gotta say this car is awsome worth every penny i love it. ( no seriously I'm not joking nor is this sarcasum) the way the layed out is and the way it is set up its perfect for me I'm a moder so that leaves me alot of room to test and mod and test some more to make the best rig for what i want to do. and make custom parts ect. the more i looked at it and the more i toyed around with it the more i fell in love with it and i bet that will be even more so after i run it.

so now for the good .. unlike most companys that say its rtr but its realy not cause you gotta go out and buy batteries and a fuel bottle ect. this car comes with everything you need but fuel even a extra glow plug and spair parts. also steering, gas and breaks are all very responsive. i also like how the body poles are set up with the adjustable cap. the gas tank has a push button primer so you dont have to hold your finger over the exhaust thats a cool little feature. and i can also see cleaning will be easy with this as parts of the chassis is held on by body pins.

thats all i got for now must say this is my first hpi and it was worth every penny so far. lots of mods for it and i dont see my self selling it. i have owned 4 nitro 4 tecs now and every one of them i have sold i got them all new and sold them all bairly ran.

My nitro rs42 is about 14 years old and it's been a very reliable rc for me. The exhaust back then was a can muffler. I installed a tuned pipe and an aftermarket header. The engine was not all that great and I installed an os .12cvrx. I also had to buy the two speed tranny and sway bar kit. I used the plastic tie rods because it's fine with them installed and they gave me turnbuckles which I still have. The only major downside to it now is if I break something, it's on the retirement shelf for her.

if u break somthing I'm sure some other cars parts will fit and work for you but like i said in my little post there none of the bads were realy all that bad the car is perfect and looks great i love it.

i did a full tear down of the car i weighed parts ect. ill post weights in a new post soon ... but abter ripping poping and pulling un screwing ect. i found even thoe the parts feel and look super cheap they will take a beating so I'm gunna go out today and break this car in and see how she feels after i do so idk if anyone will look at this who told me this was a good car for me well so far i agree ty for your advise and ty for pushing me in this direction

Well i ran it for hrs today and must say I'm very happy with this car my old 4tecs never could have done what i did with this well at least not as well it was amazing it's a keeper