RPM Chassis Brace and Ace R/C Steering Servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanRNewberg

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I ordered my RPM A-Arms today, and id like to find an RPM chassis brace as well, much like the Integy one below (I'm not a fan of Integy and id like to stick with RPM). I'm not sure if one is out there and I just can't find it or what.

Integy: http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=6274&p_catid=144

Second, I'm looking to upgrade my steering servo so I ordered a 5-cell 6.0v 3000mah battery, but I'd like a better servo as well. Anybody have any experience with this Ace R/C servo?

Servo: http://www.ehobbies.com/ace8118.html

Thanks very much in advance :D

You may find that your choice of battery will be too big to fit in the battery box. I've never heard of anybody running a 3000mah hump pack in anything but 1/5 scales. Not sure though. The add for the servo doesn't specify how strong it is, so I can't say one way or the other.

Last edited:
Well when I bought the truck a while back off Craigslist it came with the same size battery, but the battery it came with has gotten way too hot and just melted to crap and wont hold a charge. Haha. And if for some reason it doesn't fit ill cut the back off of the box that holds it and extend it some. Thanks for the reply though and ill post a reply on how it goes, if this thread is even alive come like Saturday when I get the stuff.

You were definately right Matt, the battery is much bigger, I just attatched it with some silicone though and it's working fine, I dont run my truck in any water anyway so It doesn't really need to be closed off, this should work just fine :D

Below are some pics of the battery and my new RPM 3 piece skid plate set and A-arms =) The truck is sitting that low and looking strange because I have new shock springs coming in the mail tomorrow and I already broke the truck down to install them.

Oh and sorry about the picture quality, taken with my phone.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 153
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 146
  • GetAttachment3.jpg
    GetAttachment3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 116
  • GetAttachment4.jpg
    GetAttachment4.jpg