rpm a-arms retainers or pins?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babi_hrse

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i got aluminum diff cases while i was installing them into my t-maxx i noticed that both stock lower a arms were cracked at the hinge and the pins that hold them were twisted. it had a few front end collisions in its time.
this explains my wonky steering away. i have ordered Rpm a-arms off ebay but i don't know what the hingey-retainer-bars that hold them in place are called. i want to replace mine. anyone know what their called and if original traxxas ones will work with rpm ones?

they are hinge pins,go get yourself some real pins that are the floating style,secured with c clip,your suspension will swing more freely after this mod,i have a titanium set that i absolutely love,flm also sell some heavy duty steel ones

Lunsford makes some nice titanium hinge pins that work well with RPM

I had to do some trimming on the rpm a-arms to get them to fit my hot racing bulks. Also to get the pins to fit and be able to get the clips on the ends. But on that note i prefer the floating style as described above and with my trimming and installing the floating hinge pins the arms move alot better and more free now. With the supershocks to top it off my tmaxx suspension is totally different now and tons better all around.

cheers lads right i saw something else called true track a arms its like got the knuckle or hub carrier included along with the upper and lower a arms thinkin of gettin em for the rear just for upgrading's sake, will this fit my 2.5trx Not 2.5R t-maxx short chassis truck or will i need other parts?
performance or durability wise what makes these true track stand out from mainstream rpm a-arms?

The rpm true track eliminates the rear toe links and locks the toe in,so with that said if you like adjusting your toe angle then the true track would not be for you,and as for fit yes it will all fit if you already have the wide suspension,otherwise you would need longer drive shafts,front steering links,and front carriers

transmited from a mobile communications device

i can only assume its the wider suspension its all stock as far as i'm concerned it fits the area of a square rather than a rectangle its 390mm(W) x 440mm(L)

I like the true track suspension kit, if your a racer it would prob not be best for you. I had a friend who run the true track on his JT racing hybrid maxx truck and he actually did pretty well, with the truck.

got the hardened hinge pins today... hopefully the A-arms come tomorrow ill be doing the diff, arms, and hinges wish i had bought big bore shocks... my t-maxx drove so badly today it cartwheeled and bent one of the shocks. gonna try straighten it out in the intrim but its probably finished!

Back