Roto or bump with stock 3.3 engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easyrabbit

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all,

Might be a bonehead question but can I remove the EZ Start and get another method of starting the 3.3 to work? I want to make my revo more track ready.

I'm also pretty new and honestly have never removed the engine. Do I need to remove EZ start assembly before engine? Can not seem to slip driver down to screw and can not see a way around it. Maybe I am missing something?

Sorry for the lame questions.

Thanks for any help :)

If you are going to be track ready, the bump start method would be the way to go.

You will need to disconnect the pipe and head from the engine and then remove the engine. I suggest looking for bumpstart backplate.Shouldn't run without the backplate properly covered as you can get dirt in the crankcase.

Not a lame question. Would have been lame if you did not ask to re-assure yourself of the proper way to do it.

Ok awesome, now that I know it is possible, I just need to figure out how and what I need to do it. I may go with roto just because I think I have a roto that will work with other RTR's I have... just need the back plate or what ever I guess.

Many thanks. All that EZ Start stuff and that other Opti Drive and even reverse, I could have done without. Just clutters up the good stuff :)