Rossi big block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the bump start version of it and I'm not impressed at all after talking wit Robin at ERCM and Neal at clockwork its just not that powerful til you have it modded they can explain it better to you. I also run the lrp 30 and lrp 32 love the 30 she scream the 32 I just dont like it, seems the 30 turn up and do more. Hope that helps

I got the bump start version of it and I'm not impressed at all after talking wit Robin at ERCM and Neal at clockwork its just not that powerful til you have it modded they can explain it better to you. I also run the lrp 30 and lrp 32 love the 30 she scream the 32 I just dont like it, seems the 30 turn up and do more. Hope that helps

Thanks. I will prob go with the Lrp .30. It was a toss up with the .30 or .32

My lrp 30 and 32 are both on savage x's, wit the same setups and to me the 30 rev harder and is more consitant, the 32 seems like its just all torque, I havent really even got a complete tune on it yet every now and then pull it out and tryn figure it, but the 30 been screaming every since the breakin. I've read where ppl are taking the 30x putting a pull start on it for monster trucks, bet that sucker really scream mine is just the regular 30 and she do real good to me

---------- Post added at 9:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

Man those some nice rigs you got Hulk, look like you hooked like me, ever think you're addicted. LOL

---------- Post added at 9:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:26 PM ----------

Hulk just used your profile to prove to my wife I really dont have a problem. LOL!!! WOW what a setup

My lrp 30 and 32 are both on savage x's, wit the same setups and to me the 30 rev harder and is more consitant, the 32 seems like its just all torque, I havent really even got a complete tune on it yet every now and then pull it out and tryn figure it, but the 30 been screaming every since the breakin. I've read where ppl are taking the 30x putting a pull start on it for monster trucks, bet that sucker really scream mine is just the regular 30 and she do real good to me

---------- Post added at 9:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

Man those some nice rigs you got Hulk, look like you hooked like me, ever think you're addicted. LOL

---------- Post added at 9:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:26 PM ----------

Hulk just used your profile to prove to my wife I really dont have a problem. LOL!!! WOW what a setup

Thanks man. I will look into the .30 Lrp maybe do a roto or pull starter upgrade. This is going on a custom race maxx build. And almost all those rigs have been built piece by piece.

What type of Racing do you intend to do with the build?
Either the Rossi or the LRP’s will be more power than you need or can control on a TMaxx.
It’s a lot easier to put the power down with the bigger engines on a buggy/truggy than a TMaxx when racing off road. The buggy/truggy whill have a center diff and you can manage the power a lot easier than with the Maxx with no center diff.
If you’re racing at a track at coordinated events you may also want to consider fuel economy. The .28 will use less fuel then the .30/.32 and it sucks to have to make an extra pit stop.
I have run an extended Maxx with the nova .28 in it and I tried using the engine with no carb restrictor and couldn’t get it to hook up to the track as well as when using the mid sized restrictor. I just couldn’t keep the front wheels on the ground coming out of the corners and down the straight a ways with no restrictor and if you can’t steer you usually don’t win.
Power is fun to have at your finger tip but sometimes it is better to have a little less in race conditions depending on the rc and the surface you run on.
I’ve never owned a LRP.32 but I did own a .30 and I prefer the Rossi .28

What type of Racing do you intend to do with the build?
Either the Rossi or the LRP’s will be more power than you need or can control on a TMaxx.
It’s a lot easier to put the power down with the bigger engines on a buggy/truggy than a TMaxx when racing off road. The buggy/truggy whill have a center diff and you can manage the power a lot easier than with the Maxx with no center diff.
If you’re racing at a track at coordinated events you may also want to consider fuel economy. The .28 will use less fuel then the .30/.32 and it sucks to have to make an extra pit stop.
I have run an extended Maxx with the nova .28 in it and I tried using the engine with no carb restrictor and couldn’t get it to hook up to the track as well as when using the mid sized restrictor. I just couldn’t keep the front wheels on the ground coming out of the corners and down the straight a ways with no restrictor and if you can’t steer you usually don’t win.
Power is fun to have at your finger tip but sometimes it is better to have a little less in race conditions depending on the rc and the surface you run on.
I’ve never owned a LRP.32 but I did own a .30 and I prefer the Rossi .28

Yah it is mainly just local track racing nothing serious. The track is a fairly hard pack dirt surface. The guys at the track started a new class for monster trucks only. So I figured I would put a good race setup together for a extended maxx truck. Most of the guys are running LRP engines this season. I was looking at the Nova because it was something different.

I think I should have left gearing stock on my trophy truggy when I put the nova on it, went up two teeth on the cb and it just dont accelerate like I want it. Robins pipe woke it up alot but still not strong on the bottom like I like, sucker sound nasty though. Changing the cb this weekend just to see and plan to send it off to be modded next week.