Rod through block!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo-4tec-mike

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i have a trx3.3 that had a rod go through the block. why has traxxas not fixed this problem. it only had 1-1/2 gallon through it. i know i can upgrade to the davis diesel rod to fix the weak link but it seems like a manufacturer defect especialy if it has happened to alot of people. :angry:

by the way sorry for the fuzzy pic's

kccxoj.jpg

2cielu0.jpg

xgfm29.jpg

:angry: :( :angry:

Nice job! Send it in.

I guess this is the weak link in the engine. I had a rod break in the same place a while back. Not through the block though. Nice job!

i tried. you gotta do the ERP know as, Engine Replacement Plan.

But give it a shot.. 1-888-Traxxas

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/erp/trx_erp-33.htm

this is the damage i did.

2ic1r1j.jpg

wow that one had to make some noise. :)

EXCELLENT carnage pics! I think even Mikey likes it. :D
i would have to admit i did smile when a heard a snap and the vehicle hopped. and for anyone thinking of asking if i over reved the engine. no i did not. it was at 3/4 of the rpms. but i was excelerating hard though. :D

mind if i ask what fuel you were running and what the conditions were like that day? as in temp, humidity...

mind if i ask what fuel you were running and what the conditions were like that day? as in temp, humidity...

it was 50f or so with pretty humid air. and i was running top 20% fuel. it was just another day bashing and nothing was out of the ordenary. i also had my engine temps around 225f.

well i bought another engine to replace it and its a rbmodded picco red dot .26. ill start breakin next week so we will see how i like it.

They were definately awesome pics that I hope not to duplicte. I'm more than a little concerned about what these summer temps are going to do to us over here.

Does anyone have the chemistry sheet info for the Traxxas Fuels? Or who they contract? Curious to the oil % in the top fuel 20%

Also, do you use after run oil? If so what kind. I've noticed a big diff in the visc of castor vs the WD40 I used as after run...more like prep for storage, and wondered if I may actually be hurting the motor at intial start by the WD displacing the oil.

Ouch! also traxxas wont tell any1 how much oil they use

I'm pretty sure traxxas fuel's oil content is 16% or 18% in the 20% fuel...Its one of those...Traxxas fuel is horrible anyways...Byron gen2 FTW!

Traxxas is 18% oil, 82% crap.
Problem is they use cheap metals on an engine that turns 40K easily. Trinity MHP 30% produced the best results in my 3.3. 12% oil. I ran mine 260-280F for 3 gallons, the main bearing got sloppy, that was the only thing that went south.

Back