robitronic protos??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Nitro?

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone on here bought one of these. I'm looking into them pretty heavy since the price is right and it's never gonna be raced. just need something to tinker with for awhile.

Lack of support has deterred anyone I know from it. Couldn't say one way or the other about it though

I Have seen one run and they fly great but thats about all i can say about it.
I really think its more of a driver thing then a better buggy.

But from what i saw its nothing bad just bad parts support.

Its a blast! I had one and really enjoyed it. Tough as nails!! Shocks suck but they have hop ups out for it. With the .28 it flys. I believe all the plasitic is from HPI ( thats why its so tuff) I can recommend it to any one!

I would not think to good I believe that you get what you pay for in this hobbie for the most part

I looked at towers web page and it is listed to sell at 439.99

WELL FAST it lookes like we have been looking at two different cars I was looking at the mantis that is what I thought was being asked about

All I can tell you guys is looks can be deceiving. Try it out! You will not be disappointed. The fun factor goes way up when the price is so low! I beat the hell out of the one I had and dont recall breakn anything. Alot of parts are available for it. Robitronic also has "pro" upgrade parts. At $289 $125ish of that is the Axial .28. You wont find a better deal. If you want to race it a "race" buggy. If you want to play and go fast and can have fun on the track while everyone else is repairing this is the buggy for you.

I think ill wait for awhile to see how the company progress. R/c is still on my backburner for awhile

I also saw it listed as RTR for $289.99 at Tower. Tower Hobbies also has all thier parts on order so that shouldnt be a problem for long. I saw it at the local Hobbytown too. Thats the one I'm probably gonna buy. I was looking at the OFNA Ravager too. $300 - $350 is my price range.

Are you looking to bash or race with it? I heard from someone that the Protos is freakin strong. Only bad thing is the steering servo is major crap. I have the Mantis which has the same servo I'm told, and it seems lacking in the torque and strength department.

In a review on a German website they had put a spacer on the end of the rod connecting to the servo to get a better angle on it and that supposedly helped a bit. Also, the weight of the protos is mentioned at 6.2lbs. which I would think that it wouldnt need that strong of a servo. Maybe a five cell would improve that a bit also. The best thing about the Protos is that it is almost identical to the Losi Eight in dimensions yet weighs a pound less.

I'm only a basher i don't the time nor the desire to race

Isnt it better to get a monster truck if you're gonna bash? I'm not sure any are at this price point but a truggy would suit bashing purposes also. Id get the Losi Muggy if I had the money.

Back