robitronic 28RR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i was trawling ebay for a engine and found this

robitronic 28RR
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141143394...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

i found this link to its spec
http://shop.robitronic.com/en/Power...obitronic-28-Big-Block-Engine-Power-Unit.html

I'm tempted to buy the engine to give it a try purley for its price, does anyone have any experiance with this engine,
the spec looks good

(FYI i have shot the step brother that changed my profile pic on everything i left my laptop logged in to just noticed it )

EDIT

this is going in my restored savage 21

Last edited:
Not familiar with it, but an $80 .28 doesn't scream "quality" or "performance" to me. Almost every time I've tried to go cheap, it ended up costing me more in the long run. About the only exception is the Hobbywing electronics (not cheap, but cheaper that Tekin/Novak)

Having said that, it looks like your options are rather limited over there if you don't want to pay shipping from the US.

i was thinking as its a 8 port engine and i have not found any bad reviews for it & £60

Those ROBOTRONICS engine are rebadged Axial .28rr engines. The carbs are crap on the Axial's. I have a buddy that switched carbs and most of his problems with it went away. They got tons of torque kinda crappy on the top end because the RPM's are not there. At that price I would give it a try.

Those ROBOTRONICS engine are rebadged Axial .28rr engines. The carbs are crap on the Axial's. I have a buddy that switched carbs and most of his problems with it went away. They got tons of torque kinda crappy on the top end because the RPM's are not there. At that price I would give it a try.

thanks i will be sure to switch the carb when i get one, as said its going in the savage so as long as it has lots of torque and i can still wheelie and get into second gear thats all i need

my thunder tiger pro .21 is getting tired and needs replacing ( still tons of compression ) just not enough torque

One thing to think about is the fact that you will be sending money overseas!

Hotrods got a point about the money thing! But I am pretty sure that's where my bud bought his. He got pretty good use from them to. I have bought a lot of stuff off epig lately from hong kong without any issues. That's where my Flysky GT3b came from.

Hotrods got a point about the money thing! But I am pretty sure that's where my bud bought his. He got pretty good use from them to. I have bought a lot of stuff off epig lately from hong kong without any issues. That's where my Flysky GT3b came from.

my Flysky GT2 came from there too, and so did my savage aluminium chassis braces and light kit,

I have just ended up being strapped for cash but will probably get one of those engines in the next 4 to 6 weeks

Back