Rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got a noob question, whats the difference between beadlock rims and regular rims. Oh anyone got any good rims and tires i should get? i have the new 3.3

The biggest difference is that regular rims use glue to hold the tire on and beadlocks are clamped with screws around the rim. The benefit to beadlocks is supposed to be that you can chage your tires. For me, I've never completely worn out a tire before the wheel was gone anyways. I'd suggest going with regular rims.

On a regular rim you glue the tire bead to the rim. On a bead lock, there is a ring that screws to the front and back of the rim locking the tire bead in to a channel on the rim, no gluing is required with a bead lock.

The BIG difference? Price!

Also, weight. Beadlocks are a lot heavier and will be harder for the engine to turn. I used regular Proline LPR wheels over and over. Once the tires is worn, just soak it in some acetone for a few hours and the tire come right off.

i've never seen a set of beadlocks for less than $100!!!!! not worth it IMO

I'm running the maximizers on my Savage right now and they stand up pretty well. I'm not sure about the weight difference but it does'nt hardly effect it. I really like them so far but I really can't see them lasting.

hey ya I'm also looking at tires and rims that would be gripper than the stock 2.5 tires on my maxx. I'm at school in idaho right now and i would like to get something that is focused for running on grass/dirt or some snow coverage (something with a good forward bite). would you guys recommend getting something like Pro-Line Badlands (my bro has those on his buggy and they seem to be great) or ..fill in the blank..
If anything i am tempted by the Badlands, but just making sure would they fit on my truck though if i were to go with those? i would not mind if i had to do some body trimming

thanks

Last edited:
hey ya I'm also looking at tires and rims that would be gripper than the stock 2.5 tires on my maxx. I'm at school in idaho right now and i would like to get something that is focused for running on grass/dirt or some snow coverage (something with a good forward bite). would you guys recommend getting something like bowties or ..fill in the blank.. or do you have any for sale? :)

I use bowties on my savage and i love them. But if you want a killer all terrain tire look into losi zombie maxx tires http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Zombie-Max...e-LST-MGT_W0QQitemZ200294799934QQcmdZViewItem ;)

I use bowties on my savage and i love them. But if you want a killer all terrain tire look into losi zombie maxx tires http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Zombie-Max...e-LST-MGT_W0QQitemZ200294799934QQcmdZViewItem ;)

okay so it looks like the zombies are good from what i have heard. some people have recommended putting some duct tape in them cause of the soft foam and it ballooning up. any recommendations on that? also these rims would fit correct as they are the same size as stock; unless someone has rims that they recommend i know RPM makes good strong stuff. http://www.rcsuperstore.com/product_p/rpm81923.htm

Back