rim size

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth2669

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have rpm axle carriers and i'm wondering whats the smallest rim I can fit? just looking for a cheaper wheel tire setup for winter

It don't get much cheaper than stock traxxas rims. 3.2's fit fine.

well you can do like whatever rims you want but you have to have the hubs i would say to get like cheap traxxas response tires on the dish wheels and you should be good but for deep snow you might want to try proline sand paddle tires...

Was hoping for something cheaper. Lol I know if they fit it'd make my gear ratio change drasticly but a 2.2" wheel would cost about 40 bucks for all 4 rims and sand paddle tires. I'm only concerned about clearance with the hubs as far as fit.

Just went and got my truck so I could pull the wheels and measure the hubs/axle carriers and it looks like 2-7/8" is the clearance needed. Sorry for the hassle but thanks for the input!

actually i think there the chevron tires and they have a very aggressive pattern so i think that keeping them forwards will do the same because of the tread on it but yes the tires will work on you tmaxx