rim Dying technique

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just wondering if you guys no how to die a rim properly, as in how long do you keep it in the die? do you lightly sand it? where do you put it to dry? And u use clothing die correct?

Or if you have a good article that awnsers all the question above i would really appreciate you posting a link.

Originally posted by nitroman88
I was just wondering if you guys no how to die a rim properly, as in how long do you keep it in the die? do you lightly sand it? where do you put it to dry? And u use clothing die correct?

Or if you have a good article that awnsers all the question above i would really appreciate you posting a link.
Use rit dye and the instructions should be easy enough to follow. If not then trial and error will be your guide.

Keep the water at a low simmer not a raging boil.
If you are using white rims keep them in the dye just long enough to get the desired color.
The longer you keep them in the darker they will get.

Don’t get any dye on you or the counter tops.

I had a set of paintball goggle lenses I was dying and I could not fit them completely under the dye mixture. I decided to do a half and half but it ended out being a 3/4 and 3/4 and low and behgold a mistake made them really dark in the middle and the outside came out lighter. I was really cool beans.

Not to mention the colored ring around your face after the first time you wore them. :bandit:

Back