RF9 Interlink or ws2000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandemic326

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Evening everyone

First post so hopefully I don’t mess this up. Really interested in getting RF9 to help me learn to fly helicopters and become more confident. I have a 120sr and also a nano cpx but admit I am pretty bad. I have a spektrum dx9 black transmitter. Assuming you all think RF9 would be a good investment do you recommend getting the package with the interlink transmitter or buying the ws2000 and using my dx9?

also if you recommend the interlink does anyone know if they offer a digital copy/interlink package?

thanks for everyone’s input.

It's a bit easier to use the controller that comes with it, but as a friend of mine pointed out about 15 years ago when we each bought the program, he preferred the one with his own transmitter since he'd be using the same one on the sim that he used at the field. That's a valuable point. You don't want to get used to a 6 channel re-badged Futaba and then take the heli out with the DX-9 that will have a different feel.
No problem for the planes but the helis are a whole nuther skill set. That's a great radio, by the way. I have the DX-7.

Thanks again for the info. Found an almost 1 hour YouTube video where horizon introduces version 9. Watched it and got some really good info out of it. To share, if you buy the interlink it has the hookup to use your own radio with cord through it. I already had that from my Phoenix simulator that won’t load on Windows 10.

Also learned you can buy a physical copy of the software and use your serial to get an electronic download of the software as well. Good for those of us that don’t have optical drives in our computers anymore.

I went ahead and ordered the software with controller and should be here next week. Can’t wait to fly with an instant reset button again.