Revving too high.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deryl101

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Help!!getting frustrated here!!! I'm quiet new to nitro .I have a losi ten sct 4wd 3.4 .The problem i'm having is when i start up the engine it idle's ok for about 60 seconds then starts revving really high like at full throttle' I've checked the carb slider its not sticking. Does anyone know what the problem could be ? :(

It could be an air leak somewhere on the engine. Depending on your mechanical ability you might want to take it to a hobby shop. If you are mechanically inclined, remove the engine and check the backplate and carb screws for tightness. Also make sure the screws have Loctite on them to prevent them from vibrating loose. If you need a visual YouTube would be a great place to look.

Roger that ' I'll check for air leaks ' I've noticed the 3 shoe clutch shoes are worn'could it be that?

I'd check for air leaks first and then see about sealing the motor up if that's the case.

Its ok now ' the low speed needle was way way off ' too lean. Thnx guy's.