revo's slipper clutch? really tight?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freerida69a

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
K so i broke my motor mount and stripped my spur gear, put a new one on. i could resist so i just ran it with the broken motor mount. i didnt realize you could change your spur with takeing the whole sliper off, when i fired it up it just span and didnt go anywhere, so i tightened it a bit and it started moving but still spinning so i tightened a bit thats when i stripped my spur again. so for reference when i get my motor mount and spur gear tommorrow do i tighten right tight? also it doesn't have a spring on it? normal?

Righty tighty. No spring is normal, it uses the bellevue washers. You'll have to reset your gear mesh once you install the new mount, so that should eliminate the spur gear stripping.

Make sure the 2 bevelled washer sit like this () not like this (( or )). They are barely bevelled so look at them close.

Make sure the 2 bevelled washer sit like this () not like this (( or )). They are barely bevelled so look at them close.

:goodpost:

I was gonna tell him the same thing but i wasn't gonna use illustrations.. .hehe, nice job

oh, i thought there was only one? maybe thats why

nope theres 2 of them and as was stated the 2 washers as long as the are installed correctly will act as a sort of spring to put tension on the slipper pads and the slipper plate to create the friction need for accelereation and also to protect the tranny on an open throttle landing

Back