Revo wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
morning everyone thanks for all the replies on my last post really helped. So after running my car twice the day i bought it. It ran fine. Now i can't get it to start. The driveline and tires are spinning while I'm cranking it over. I think that is bad clutch shoes right? Whould that keep it grom starting though? I tried to hold the whole truck in the air while starting it so the tires were off the ground to no luck. I replaced glo plug becouse it was really getting bright red when i tested it. I'm going to replace clutch shoes today see if it helps but would that actually keep the engine from starting

The clutch shoes or the spring around the clutch shoes is broke. No it won't keep it from starting but I wouldn't advise starting it until you fix the clutch shoes unless you have the tires off the ground but even then it's not smart. Your glow plug should be bright red so there was nothing wrong with that glow plug.

I'm curious as to what the others on here think bc i believe I'm having one of two problems as well... my revo will and motor runs great but immediately revs way above idle and will not move... like its stuck in neutral and the engine free spins...

any insight would be great... and should my tmaxx clutch fit the revo... only difference is the clutch bell... when i tried swapping them nothing happened. i also read that the 3.3 is somewhat notorious for "throwing a rod" or snapping it or whatever... any thoughts?

Sounds like your LSN is too lean. If it's reving way up like that it means your engine is starving for fuel. Try richen it up a 1/8 richer. If it doesn't have the forward only conversion make sure the silver rod on the front of the transmission isn't stuck in between forward and reverse. Yes the clutch shoes from your Maxx will work as long as it's a 3.3 engine.

The clutch shoes or the spring around the clutch shoes is broke. No it won't keep it from starting but I wouldn't advise starting it until you fix the clutch shoes unless you have the tires off the ground but even then it's not smart. Your glow plug should be bright red so there was nothing wrong with that glow plug.

I must have been tired n worded it wron...sorry...lol tge glow plug that was in there was not as bright as a new one so I just do a new one in therebut still did not help I guess I'll have to check the basics again. If the piston was seized with a try to crank over or just wouldn't do anything right

Are you using the ez start with the wire hooked to the glow plug? If so take the wire off the glow glug and use a glow igniter. Sometimes that wire looses ground connection and won't heat the glow plug up. I love the ez start but I always snip that wire off and just use a glow igniter.

Sounds like your LSN is too lean. If it's reving way up like that it means your engine is starving for fuel. Try richen it up a 1/8 richer. If it doesn't have the forward only conversion make sure the silver rod on the front of the transmission isn't stuck in between forward and reverse. Yes the clutch shoes from your Maxx will work as long as it's a 3.3 engine.

thanx! going to check the reverse shaft and swap my clutch.... BUT if the clutch is bad in both of my trucks.. whats the best way to tell? will it completely quit moving.. or will it just "slip" like a real car with a faulty clutch... (never had one in my nitro go out)

Best way to tell is if the clutch is really grooved out or the spring is broke. When you try and start it and the tires turn while trying to crank it is a tall tell sign. You can get a whole new clutch and spring for $6-10. I would just put a brand new clutch and spring in.

I didn't see any mention of the slipper clutch. If the CB is spinning, the slipper is spinning, but nothing is moving, try adjusting the tightness on the slipper.

Back