Revo will not stay RUNNING !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro New Guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok I am not sure if this is a normal thing with the revo 2.5r. It will stay on for anout 12 sec on a good Idle and sounds normal but then it dies out and I have to blow in the Exhause pressure hose to reprime the carb to fire uo agin ? I an confused I have looked and tested everything for Airleaks and its good.

The fact is its extremely hard to blow into that pressure line and re-prime the carb? Any one please help me with this delema ! Thanking you all In advanced

Is this a rig that has been sitting unused for a while?

If so, probably a dirty clunk or in line filter. They can get glazed over as the old fuel residue dry's out and gunks up the filter surface. It shouldn't be that difficult to push the fuel thru. I replace the filter first, or if running a clunk and in line filter, replace both.

From there then you may have to pop off the carb and clean it out well as the same gunk can dry inside the small orifices and cause starvation there as well.

Good luck.

ya as he said it kinda depends on how long its sat. I would just unscrew the lsn and fuel inlet piece and make sure that's not plugged. or better yet put a piece of line to the carb and see how hard it is goin into the carb.