Revo upgrades and modification help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D9t2s523

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I recently picked up a used Revo 3.3, it has integy skid plates other than that it is stock. I'm looking to make it a full race redo, it currently has the LT rockers and looking to get new rockers not sure to go with the p2 or what, and what brand, also want to do the single steering servo conversion. whats a good servo for that project? also a-arms, the whole shebang. looking to shave some weight, any suggestions and help with this topic is greatly appreciated. you can either repost on this or pm. engines, servos, body, air filters, driveshafts anything. let me know. and links are great to

First thing to do is to ditch the Integy skid plates. Integy parts are pretty much bad news. P2 rockers are probably your best bet IMO. I'd just go with the Stock units. As far as servos go, I'd go with either a HiTec HS5645MG or the HS5955TG. For A-arms I'd wait until you break them and then go with an RPM True Track set up. Since you plan on racing it, I would suggest also getting rid of reverse and adding the center-diff. The rear brake kit will also help.

yeah with the a arms I'm gonna go threw the stock ones, but ide like to have some on deck when the time comes, and I've been reading about the rear brake, definitely gonna throw that in there, and gonna the was gonna throw the forward only kit in it.

To use the rear brake you will need the center differential (rear brake kit will not work without it), the center diff kit also includes the forward only. Pick up at least 500K diff oil if you use install the CD.

I've been looking for some dish wheels but not having to much luck on proline, and what are some good wheel an tire brands for the revo? Thanks

If you use the 17mm hexes from the eRevo, you should find a lot of buggy/truggy dish wheels that will work.

Do they make the RPM true track a arm kits for the front and the rear? If so can I get a link to both? Thanks

Do they make the RPM true track a arm kits for the front and the rear? If so can I get a link to both? Thanks

:hehe:Only for the rear...Sorry, you wouldn't be able to steer with true track in the front:p:

thats what i was figuring, whats the good sites to order from? tower, amain? trying to get some stuff ordered, and what about the constant velocity drive shafts? and with the p2 rockers and the traxxas aluminum red rods i read to use the red rod ends. is that correct? thanks

and i was thinking roto start what one would work on the revo? and also starter boxes, who makes a good one for the revo?

Best thing to do mate is read everything on the revo platnium thats a start basis fir a good racing revo. Responce dish rims / tires.

Platnium starter box with larger flywheel.

Single steering arms are available I used the proline and a savox 1256tg.

Check out vantage racings carbon fibre chassis that with single servo and a light wheel combo will save alot of weight. Definitely fit the foc or it might switch to reverse just when you get into 1st place lol. Damn opti drive.

Another thing is find a light body and use as little paint vas possible with minimal stickers too that will save a few ounces but not many think of that. The ferrari f40 is see through in places lol the rolls royce phantom uses 40kg of paint.

That might be a little ott as strict races have a minimum weight anyways but worth a thought.

---------- Post added at 6:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:13 AM ----------

Also download the traxxas revo platnium set up sheet pdf file that will help no end.

So far on my revo I installed the center diff and rear brake kit, front and rear sway bar setup, picco .26 with the ths bb exhaust, wing, rpm all the way around with the tru-track in the rear, aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles, tigerdrive, M2C racing 3 shoe clutch setup,rpm bumper mounts and bumpers,and response pro tires.(I would not buy the regular response tires cause the beads and sidewalls rip constantly).But the truck goes around the track awesome now!!

Back