Revo sway bar blocked by rear bumper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northleaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all, so I just took the time to install the sway bar on my revo.

Now, is there anyone who have came up with a easy way to re-install the rear bumper without it hindering the sway bars movements? Or will I have to shear off some material on it to fit?

Here's a pic just for the heck off it, still pretty much stock but more will be done to it as its still new. Can you find the little mod hiding on it? :D

epa5u5uj.jpg

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

How about a pic of the actual swaybar instead of the whole rig.

Pull start? And yeh rear end pic

Noppe, its so small you might not see it. Added springs between the tabs who squeeze the brake to rid off the problem with them sticking to the brake disc when you don't apply any.

Here's a rear shot, as you can see there's no room for the sway bar to move while the bumper is on unless I shear off some material from it and thus weakening it. Wondered if anyone solved it or I will have to deal with it.

se2y3uqe.jpg

Flip the collars over then mark the sway bar so you can cut off the excess.....Or get a wing and give yourself some crash protection.

---------- Post added at 7:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:29 PM ----------

Your best option is to remove the bumper and add a wing.

I'm running a wing with my sway bar and your bumper can mount to your wing mount.

Alright, was going to get myself a wing eitherway around.
But will it give the sway bar a decent protection from rear bumps and such? dont wan't to break the darned thing from a unsuccesful jump, a crash or kick in the butt from a fellow rc truck.

The bumper (excluding the bumper mount hoop) mounted to the trx wing mount gives plenty of protection.

Its the same setup as the Revo Platinum came with.

The bumper (excluding the bumper mount hoop) mounted to the trx wing mount gives plenty of protection.

Its the same setup as the Revo Platinum came with.

alright, thanks for the information.

Like this, you can't see the sway bar real well in this pic, it's covered & well protected by the bumper:

P7050051.jpg

Like this, you can't see the sway bar real well in this pic, it's covered & well protected by the bumper:

P7050051.jpg

Neat, what part # do that wing mount have? Finding various wing mounts but can't seem to find one where it looks like I can mount the bumper.

If the traxxas sway bars are giving you problems us the Tenko bars, they mount like the front, but smaller.

Back