revo rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXTREME1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
revo rebuild (RTR)!!!

i am rebuilding my revo.set up is for rock,hill climbing,rough terrain.
parts list:

close ratio tranny
foward only conv.
16/50t .08mm
new carb/rebuild kit
variable shock damping kit went w/#3 0.95 on all 4 shocks with dampener on top (stiff)fast rate
shock rebuild kit x2
losi 50w shock oil
head gasket shim kit .20 .30 stock .40
new header o-ring
all new bearings drive train
body mount post
summit frt. bumper w/light kit
used 50000k in frt. diff and rear diff

i know it's some stuff i'm forgetting i have all the part #'s if needed.

:D

Last edited:
can't make my mind up on the head shim? stock is .30 if i go with the .20 it will raise comp.=heat high temp but it would scream..40 would be best for better tunning lower temps more torq. (i run 30% fuel)

or .30 but,who wants to go back stock?

about there

:whhooo:got it to a roller now it's time for a beer.

Last edited:
got my roll cage built today.just have to clean it up and then dura line it.almost ready to hit the rock pit!:D

Last edited:
got it done.now if the hobby shop will price my parts.think i'm gonna just start ordering parts off line.my parts came in today but the guy hasn't had time to price them.i went by today just to check to see if they came in and this is his awnser"yeah,but i have not priced them yet"how hard is it to get them out the box behind you and sell me my parts?i have spent bout $600 on parts for my rc there.but guess what buddy today you lost a customer!!!then what type poop is this they mark up traxxas parts if it cost $1 on traxxas.com they charge $1.95 it's hard to find a good hobby shop either the staff is smartasses,don't know or don't care just give me ur hard earned $$$and get the hell out!well not from me i will do all my shopping on-line and wait.no sales tax,no smart ass to deal with!
HEY THIS WOULD BE A GRT-8 PLACE FOR A HOBBY SHOP,AND THATS WHAT I TOLD HIM.I GIVE THE 1 FINGER SALUTE TO LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS!

i hear yah about hobby shops. my local hobbytown usa is terrible! not one employee can answer any technical question. they also dont have much in stock and the prices are way more than online. i bought a revo 3.3 last year used on ebay. it was adult ownd and came with a tine of spare parts, even a new in box 3.3 engine! i bought another revo roller. I'm gonna build the other one in the future. i got a picco maxx .26 barely broken in off ebay too. i installed that in my running revo. that engine is insane! does 2nd gear wheelies! only thing i buy at the hobby shop is nitro fuel.

Dude the shims won't have any effect on temps....fyi.
Where did you find a 50 tooth spur and how do you plan on fitting it?

you have to use the jato clutch bell .08 mm pitch the 50 t .08 pitch is the same size as the 40 t .25 pitch gear.i have had up to a 54 0.8pitch on my revo but i had too shim the tranny up.when you buy the jato clutch bell besure to get the gearings for it.the stock .25 pitch c.b bearings won't fit.

traxxas part #4116 clutch bell 16t 0.8 pitch $12.00
traxxas part #2728 clutch bell bearings $9.00
traxxas part #3956 54t spur gear 0.8m p $3.00
traxxas part #6842 50t spur gear 0.8 m.p $3.00

you can find alot more gearing options with the 0.8metric pitch cluth bell then the stock .25 pitch revo c.b

just get custom with it

Last edited:
revo custom build RTR!

finally got it rtr.going to the hot spot 2day.so what do you all think?wish i could post video's on here.if you want too see it in action check out:

lee jordan on you tube.

Last edited:
That look like it should give plenty of protection, what body are you using to fit on that & hows the weight, looks like it would add a bit, although for rock climbing it would probably be a good thing have some extra weight.

With a 16t bell and 54t spur you get 3.37:1.
The 16/50 combo gets you a 3.12:1.
A 14/40 combo is 2.85:1.
Stock is either 2.71 or 2.53, depending on which revo you have.

i don't think i'm gonna run a body on it.and it's not that heavy i made the cage out of 1/8 round stock.it started life as a 5309 revo.15t bell/38t spur gear.after the cage was installed it really stiffended the chassis up.because if you notice i welded carrage bolts to the cage for the body post.so the cage is bolted to the body mount.and the 16t/50t worked really good.climbed well and still had the speed.seems that the weight from the cage made it level out when jumping no more nose dives.and i still can do backflips with ease.

all together i like it turned out better than i coulda hoped.now on to the next project turnning my summit into a nitro.will keep you all popsted on that build.

Will the summit body fit on the revo with taller body posts in the rear?

yes you just have too mount the long body post to the rear of the back body post mount.

Last edited:
well this is how it turned out.what do you all think?:flamer:

Last edited:
going to get more parts and 30% sidewinder fuel $27 a gal today.think i'm gonna try and fit the proline 80 chevy over the roll cage.gonna check on cv's.

Last edited:
Back