Revo Picco Red Dot Carb issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minmax89

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All!!!!

Well, my Revo rebuild is very nearly complete! Bought as a roller and chatting to you lot on here I've added the following:
THS Big Block pipe (for rear of Revo)
Big Block adapter for above
Savox single steering servo
17Tooth clutch bell (36T spur existing)
Ofna Mount for Picco

D365B135-D579-4DEA-8274-057F0B172E91.jpg

3FE2144D-AF6C-4594-BFB4-1920EDF28CC3.jpg

C0864F85-3C33-46B4-921E-FE58A132B3C3.jpg

321B477C-86E2-4A3C-9586-CE5B7853437D.jpg

7CD2AE9B-DEDF-4FFC-A3DE-64ECB83BBDAE.jpg

DF121570-28FD-4602-8046-5414D5C24167.jpg

All I need now is a receiver battery, a body and after discovering one of the shocks had no oil due to a seal disintegrated, I now need a shock rebuild kit. then I'll be able to run the truck.

However, I'm not have with the throttle action and I'm not sure what to do.
this is the set up:

48600C7E-FE1B-48C6-9F61-BD31B05789D7_1.jpg

But there's two things wrong. The action of the slide carb is not exactly smooth, but more importantly it won't return to closed (well not closed but sitting idle) unless I move it to closed. Thus the return spring is not really doing it.s job. Have I got it set up right? With it being the Picco I've nothing to go off.

Can anyone help? Has anyone with this set up found a better solution? Or do I have to be more drastic and change the Carb??

ditch the stock return spring setup ,its a pain with anything other than a 3.3. you can make your own and its easy as just need a spring (I used a ball point pen one ) and a screw collar and you will need a piece of throttle wire, another option is to by a t maxx linkage kit for the pro .15 ,it has everything you need ,ill try get some pics up shortly.
as for the smooth action you need to swivel the carb around until you find the sweet spot ,it slow and tedious but it will work in the end.

output_zpszgelzl0v.jpg

I know this is a true bb setup but it will give you the basic idea.

Last edited:
Looks like your also missing a stop on the other side of the linkadge with one on there and the electronics turned on it should push back to idle when your off throttle

Stock setup dosent have one on the other side of the horn,its a stupid setup and those return springs suck, once i went for this setup everything works properly. I have used it on 3 revos of my own and another 2 i built for others ,even worked heaps better with a losi 3.4 setup too

ditch the stock return spring setup ,its a pain with anything other than a 3.3. you can make your own and its easy as just need a spring (I used a ball point pen one ) and a screw collar and you will need a piece of throttle wire, another option is to by a t maxx linkage kit for the pro .15 ,it has everything you need ,ill try get some pics up shortly.
as for the smooth action you need to swivel the carb around until you find the sweet spot ,it slow and tedious but it will work in the end.

output_zpszgelzl0v.jpg

I know this is a true bb setup but it will give you the basic idea.

Thanks Chicken! As usual you come up trumps...
That set up looks good to try. And looks the same as a T maxx set up - or quite similar, right? Ya know i previously had a T Maxx an I used some of the bits to get this revo finished. I could pull it out and see if I could use some/all of the throttle linkage off that??

Yeah, I did fiddle with the fine adjustment of the carb. I think Its prob best to get linkage working better and then see if it slides easier

Adam

its quite a bit of trial and error to get full movement on the throttle ,helps if you can set the end points on your tx too .I used a linkage kit from the first gen t maxx because it has a longer throttle wire ,anything local was too thick and a pain to bend . I found with that kit it had the spring and the collar and the linkage has the dogleg In it which makes life a bit easier. basically to get the modified linkage to work the wire needs to be roughly 50mm longer so you can get the spring and collar on without the spring compressing to much when you are on the brake.

Just had a look at the T Maxx and it has one plenty long enough, just doesn't Gav the dog leg. Recon I could bend that into it though.

Hey Chicken, I notice you don't have the throttle servo siting in the black box with the lid. Is it ok to do that? Is the servo not real vulnerable? Or did you have to do it for a more necessary mod?

the throttle servo mount I use is from a slayer/revo platinum , I used it because I had like 3 of them lying around and I like them more than the stocker ,I've never had a problem with using them.
bending the stock linkage is easy just gotta get it right or it wont fit the horn or if I does there maybe excessive play if you know what I mean ,just keep it as tight as possible and you should be golden

Back