revo not wanting to move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a dawg

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
when i took my revo out today everything was working fine, but after a few jumps (no hard crashes) it locked up. i was giving it gas and the engine was reving but no movement. i pushed it foward with my foot and the tires were locked. then i swiched to reverse and it drove for about a foot and did the same thing. i swiched back forward and it worked. then it drove for a little bit and then it stopped getting a signal. i was standing right next to the truck and nothing was happening. it started working again after about 20 secounds. what is going on?

how is your reciever battery, was it fully charged?

If the motor is reving up it isnt your radio, sounds more like the tranny to me.

There may be a couple things. I would just check the radio as a precaution. When you were standing near the truck, were the servos working? If not, check your transmitter and receiver batteries to make sure they're good. Check all the connections to make sure the battery or servo plugs didn't get jarred loose. Check your antenna wire from your receiver to make sure it didn't accidentally get split.

Then onto the good stuff. The fact that the wheels were locked when you tried to push it points to a few possiblities. First, the brakes could be locked. that could be mechanical due to something in the brakes. It could relate to the radio if you glitched and the throttle servo pegged at full brake. Or it could be the tranny. It's possible to have chipped a gear and the plastic is binding the tranny. Or perhaps a roll pin or set screw has wiggled loose and is jamming something up.
Best bet is to 1. Check the radio just to make sure it's working ok. 2. Push test without the truck running. See if you can feel any binding or hear anything that sounds bad. 3. Check the brake. 4. I put this last because you may have to tear down the tranny and we all know what a pain that is. Just make sure those other things are ok first. If they all check out, then you're going to have to get inside the tranny to see if something snapped. Make sure you have an exploded view of the tranny handy while you're doing that so you can make sure everything goes back in the way it came out.

Do you have a fail safe? If so it may be tripped, therefore locking your breaks. If you do not have a failsafe follow candyman's advice!

i don't have a failsafe on it. i really hope it isn't the tranny. could the optidrive be messed up? i am going to do try everything else before i get into the tranny. i'll make sure that all the electronics are clean and dry too. thanks for your help guys.

True true my above statement is not 100% It could very well be radio or electronic.

This happened to me and it was a small stick. Take off all tires and check!

HumboldtBlazer said:
This happened to me and it was a small stick. Take off all tires and check!

well there was no stick but the yoke was broken right close to the tire. so the drive line must have locking everything up. it is all fixed now and i'll test it tomorrow to make sure that was the problem. thanks for all the help and i'll keep you guys posted.

Back