Revo Hop up parts??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonafyd

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey fellas i'm new to the forums,I have the revo 3.3 & i'm trying to find hop up parts for the truck...mainly i'm looking for items to make it bigger like a lift kit, bigger wheels & things of that nature...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well first off is welcome to the forum!! You want more ride height is what it seems like to me.. a few things you could do..

Long Travel Rockers

Stiffer Springs Like PURPLE in the rear and BLACK in the front which is what I run..

For tires, 40 series pro-lines with maybe some

Trenchers, or

Moabs..

...for wheels, i would use pro-line tech 5 wheels..

or you could use any other 40 series wheel and tire combo to give you the most height...

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome,yes i'm looking for ride height/lift my friend has a savage & it's really huge.i want it to be high with big tires & a nice aftermarket truck body...thanks for the links i'm gonna check on these items.

I want my revo to look similar to this...
proline_gmc_topkick_clearbody.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome,yes i'm looking for ride height/lift my friend has a savage & it's really huge.i want it to be high with big tires & a nice aftermarket truck body...thanks for the links i'm gonna check on these items.

I want my revo to look similar to this...
proline_gmc_topkick_clearbody.gif

yea, thats a really nice body/wheel/tire combo.. its the Pro-Line GMC TopKick body, with some Pro-Line big joes mounted on Pro-Line Tech 5 wheels.. this combo with the stiffer springs and LT rockers will make your revo HUGEE!! Post pics when u get some stuff please!

Thanks alot i'll definetly post pics when it's done up nicely:D

I myself will be checking for the pics...
can't wait to see the beast :)

Hey does anyone have experience with maximizer beadlock wheels?

Great wheels. I run the Maximizer beadlocks on Revo. Never had a real problem with them in the 3 years I've been running them. Be careful not to over tighten the beadlock rings. You can strip them out easily.

Hey thanks for the reply...what tires/size or series do you run on your beadlocks? I really want a 40series but they say to use truggy/standard MT tire.

The reason I ask is I purchased the wheels then i noticed the specs(backwards I know lol) so now i'm trying to find some rubber to fit these wheels..

SPECS: Outside Diameter: 3.82" (97mm) ... Inside Diameter: 3.04" (77mm) ... Width: 2.17" (55mm). Hex: 17mm.

REQUIRES: Truggy Tires/Standard Monster Tires ... 17mm Hubs,

P.S. I'm also changing the hub to fit these wheels.

You should gear down alil on cb or spur to compensate for the large tires there heavy exspecialy the big joes had big joes 40s on axail beadlocks the 3.3 dosnt like that combo lol

The Maximizer beadlocks are considerably lighter than the Axial beadlocks with the weights. I didn't bother to change the spur and CB since I was running standard 3.8 tires and wheels.

Thanks for the replys i'm not gonna bother changing the gear since i plan on doing a big block swap,i was leaning towards the pico swap until i learned a bigblock can fit...i also plan on running regular 3.8 tires for now until i get around to the swap then i'll probably do the big joes or something.

Be ready to upgrade every part of the drivetrain. Right down to steel gears in the tranny. Anything bigger than a Red Dot in these things, and you might as well go with a Savage. But, you don't see many bb revos around. The cool factor would be huge. But that's only if it stays together for a tank or two.:)

^That's something to think about...thanks for the input

Back