REVO driving me nuts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Evening everybody. I have a new Revo with a 3.3 in it. It was broke in with the Traxxas method. The engine will not Idle. It continues to rev after I let off the throttle. I reset the needles to stock which are 4 turns out on the HSN and flush on the LSN according to the manual. I have taken the engine out and sealed it. The motor starts right up but will not idle long after it starts up. Right now I am at 6 turns out on the HSN which is way to rich. No matter what I do the motor will not run right. I have a 3.3 in my Rustler which runs great. I am open to all suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Sounds llike LSN is lean if it's raving high

I richened the LSN a little at a time to about 3 turns out. That didn't help. I had a new tank sitting around so I replaced the tank and fuel lines. I'll try it tomorrow to see if that helped.

Running ez start still? Does it stall when you take glow ignitor off? To rich. If idle takes awhile to come down after a run, stays at high idle, lsn too lean

The Idle gap is 1mm. It does not die after I take the glow ignitor off. Yes it still has the ez start on it.

if all other suggestions don't work ,replace the engine bearings either there is play in them or you have a leaking front bearing .
cheapest way ,chop shop ,around 10 bucks in a new block can't beat it :)

No sir I didn't try a new glow plug. I replaced the glow plug after break in. I have some spares so I will try that. I hope the fix is that easy.

Idle gap at .75 mm or less.
Lsn at 1.5 turns or less.
Hsn at 5 turns to start out, then tune from there.

If that doesn't work make sure your fuel tank, exhaust, and fuel lines are all bueno.

Idle gap at .75 mm or less.
Lsn at 1.5 turns or less.
Hsn at 5 turns to start out, then tune from there.

If that doesn't work make sure your fuel tank, exhaust, and fuel lines are all bueno.

I disagree with the idle gap. It should be about 1mm with the brakes on.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm working this weekend. I will take it out on Monday. I'll update with the results. Once again thanks for your replies.

1mm is not law. Never was, never will be. It's a working starting point. If you set the carb at 1mm and make adjustments to keep it there, you'll have problems.
1mm usually gets you running and THEN it's a matter of adjusting the LSN and the idle screw till you get the proper idle and takeoff.

I've been going by what Robin from ERCM said for a few years now, it's by far the best tuning advice I've ever received.

+1 Trout. My 3.3 always did its best around 1mm of idle gap and as Rolex mentioned it is a good starting point.

I agree with a 1mm starting point, I wind up about .80 or so in the end, depends on the time of year

Update on the Revo. I got it running pretty good. Wanted to thank everybody for there help. I have 4 Traxxas nitro vehicles and the Revo has been the hardest one to set up.

Back