revo chassis bent?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbroome2

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Could someone please post a pic from the side of the chassis looking at the bottom of the motor? I keep breaking motor mounts and suspect my chassis is bent. Thanks:\

I stripped my revo down anywayz to clean it so i took pictures of the bare chassis so you could get a better picture
100_0217.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0214.jpg

Hopefully this helps you out

Thanks alot, Its Bent. I appreciate all the pictures.:(

that is one of the weakest areas on the truck...i have cracked 2 chassis' this year running the pro seris

I'm suprised, I don't think I've wrecked that hard.

Hey revo, i came across the strengthening plate in my "spares" box for that very chassis (!!), so thats coming across to you as soon as i can find and sort a suitable box for all them goodies i mentioned .

BTW, i spy that u STILL have not managed to clean off all those BRITISH metal shards, they survived the trip pretty well indeed, I also spy a foreign cat hair (from a female cat too) !!!

Hey revo, i came across the strengthening plate in my "spares" box for that very chassis (!!), so thats coming across to you as soon as i can find and sort a suitable box for all them goodies i mentioned .

BTW, i spy that u STILL have not managed to clean off all those BRITISH metal shards, they survived the trip pretty well indeed, I also spy a foreign cat hair (from a female cat too) !!!
LOL yeah i never cleaned it before i put it back together, i'm surprised it all stayed

My advice if you are going to replace the chassis is to cut the exact motor mount piece and bolt it up to the new chassis so you have double thickness where the motor mounts. I did that and it holds up to back flips w/ roof landings and every other poor driving skill I can throw at it.

Last edited:
Well a set of channel locks and a new motor mount and things are good as new. I put the new motor mount on and bent the frame until it all lined up. I drove it around and all seems fine I'm just hoping it stays that way. My chassis also has a brace like that but it looks like some one bought it?:D

The revo 3.3 should, by rights, have a strengthening plate as standard, HOWEVER, these can and do get removed and never refitted, making the motor mounting area that bit weaker.

The design of the strengthening plate is non too clever either. Ideally, it should wrap up and under the chassis as well to give more rigidity to the whole area, but then, traxxas being traxxas...................

I'm actually looking at a secondary strengthening solution over the "standard" strengthening plate (in a manner as mentioned above), but in the mean time, i would suggest fitting the plate and watching that the mount does not bend again. metal of any form can become weaker once bent, so be on the lookout for even the smallest of movement in that area.

Back