Revo best big block motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktm654b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What is a good big block motor to put in my revo.

I know that the ofna jl .28 max goes like a scared rabit. Only need the ofna mount and some steel tranny gears.

I am in the process of breaking in my lrp 30 x comp motor and wow, what a difference in power.

Mike the Ofna motor mount you refered to is that the same one as for the PICCO .26
Thanks for any info.

i was thinking of going lrp .32 after my .28 dies. but ill just go brushless and it will flow the poop out of a .32 and above providing i done rip apart my drive line :p

Mike the Ofna motor mount you refered to is that the same one as for the PICCO .26
Thanks for any info.

Yeah as long as it's the jl .28 max. Drops right in were the picco .26 would. You just can't use ez start with the 28. To much for the ez start. It comes with a pull start already to go. I'll get you some pics. I have to get kids to school right now. Be back in a few.

Mike - I ordered the .28 yesterday can't wiat to get it in and try it out.

Hotstock

Mike - I ordered the .28 yesterday can't wiat to get it in and try it out.

Hotstock

It's a sweet motor. I haven't tried it out but from the you tube videos I've watched you can pull wheelie catwalks in second gear lol. Better order some steel tranny gears while your at it. I have the rpm idler and first gear std ratio. Hoping to keep my reverse. But we'll see how the others take it when I put it in. It has one big a&$ cooling head on it. You'll love it. I'll get a pic of it next to my. .26 later today and post it in this thread for you to see. You won't be disappointed, it looks to be quality made.

Mike, Next month is the last race for the 2013 Season for Eagle RC Raceway (eaglercraceway.com) and we have a REVO class all by it self. I want to try out the OFNA.28 to see how it does racing. I am running a RR Gen three slipper - I think will save my Tranny. The Flyer for December has not been posted yet but would love to have all the REVO racers come. Maybe this summer we can have a Tropy race for the REVO's. I am an old RVO fan still running a racing tricked out 5308. If I could figure out how to post pictures I will post one to the site. We also run a Monster truck class both nitro and electric so you can put your REVO up against other monster trucks.

Hotstock

That's awesome that they have a MT/revo class. I wish there was something like that here in Denver.

Rock – rod:
The track gives trophies at the end of the season for Track Championships in Electric and Nitro, along with Class Championship Trophies. So Racers will want to enter and run as many classes as they can both in Nitro and Electric. This Summer I would like to run some special Trophy Races for Buggy, Truggy and Monster Truck. It will be a good opportunity to take a day or two off and travel down to Texas and spend the Weekend racing your REVO and maybe take something home to show for it. I am not sure about the Tracks around Denver but if you will just take some time to go to the Track owner and tell him that you would like to set up a REVO race or Nitro Monster Truck race and get some of the guys here on the Form to commit to it the track owner will be willing to set the race up for you. I say that because I am the owner and operator of the track in Tatum, Texas – Eagle RC Raceway. Make a poster or flier and have the Track owner post it for you with a sign-up sheet as well. I would love to see the REVO’s make a return back to racing, same as when Steve Saladin was racing for Traxxas. Even if it is a pure class by it self.

Back