Revo 3.3 to be purchased soon.....Divorce papers to follow.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well after much searching and help from forum members, I've decided to go with a Revo 3.3
I plan on ordering it soon but before I do, just wanted to know if there is anything else that I need to order with it or anything extra that I may need?
Only thing I can think of is Glow plugs, Fuel (Which u think, Trinity, or Blue Thunder and what percent?).
One more thing, when I get it, will the manual tell me about break in or should I do 3 idle tanks and 2 slow driving?
Anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bert

Good choice.
Go with 20%. O'Donells is also a good choice. Not a big fan of Blue Thunder any more.
When you get it, post up and we'll get you the break in info that will work the best.
Draw up a pre-nup stating that you keep the Revo. :D

Yeah my girl ready to break up with me lol. She says i pay my cars more attention then her and gets pissed when i spend my money buying something new so i hide them. By the way dont use blue thunder I'm not a fan, and i also run O'Donnell 20% in everything i own

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh and you will need the 7.2v battery pak for the the ez start

HAHAHA pre-nup.
I can def give O'Donnell a try.
Just to confirm, is this the right one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ODonnell-Sp...ol_Vehicles&hash=item43ac584e00#ht_1911wt_952

Also, how many quarts to buy for breaking in then enough to use for a couple weeks?
I know that the Revo 3.3 is a little bigger than the average 1/10 scal MT, will all all 1/10 bodies still fit on this one?

Wait, battery pack? I thought it came with it?

I just bought my traxxas tmaxx ran 2 tanks through it at slow speed. Sealed the engine then a 3rd tank the same way Tuned it on the 4th tank. If it's anything like my tmaxx when you lean it out don't be shy I had to lean mine out allot.

---------- Post added at 1:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:21 AM ----------

Ps I'm about to run through the 5th tank I probably have about another 3tanks left and I just bought a quart. When I was breaking it in it was drinking fuel like it was going out of style.

as posted in another thread:

make sure you buy:
spare slipper clutch kit (pads sometimes go missing if u over look it)
glow plugs (incase you need to put a new one in)
blue glow plug wire (they break when u crash it as there a wire on the top of the motor that just breaks easy)
glow plug wrench (the one that comes with it is extremely ***)
temp gun or a on-board temp display ($20 ish)
super glue is always handy to have in ur kit

most of that is pretty cheap and if you buy it from the states as thats generally where there cheapest then get it thrown in with the order, saves on postage. i got my 5309 for $550USD back in September.

iv just gone as bought a whole heap of stuff for it and placing another order atm with a heap of little things like yoke stub axels, new spring mount exhaust and spring, new cooling head as some of the fins have broken off, pull start for when/if my eazy start karks it, new linkage set, already got the FOC, vented disc, spool in the rear, RPM arms, and yeh, few other things :p its quite addictive

---------- Post added at 4:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:41 PM ----------

also the break in is with the revo, theres a dvd that shows u what to do as well as in the manual it tells u a fair bit so read the manual first before starting it up.

Thanks a bunch for all the info. Its really been helpful and really quick reponses.
Revo, the price of $550 was with all the parts u listed for me to get?
Also whats a good site for everything and is there any brand u reccommend for the parts you had told me?

Damn thats too bad to hear divorce following this, hope its not because of the hobby because I have gotten in to big trouble in this hobby. Lol the bright side you can hurry and spend the money so she can't take it in the end :hehe:

Welcome to RCNT

LOL, na no real divorce. J/K that she would want to when I buy the truck (but not really want to divorce me)

Damn thats too bad to hear divorce following this, hope its not because of the hobby because I have gotten in to big trouble in this hobby. Lol the bright side you can hurry and spend the money so she can't take it in the end :hehe:

Welcome to RCNT

are sure about the divorce .... it will give you more time to run the revo.

No that price wasn't with the parts. And just get the traxxas items for the cars stuff and things like temp gun ull have to go with a random brand but traxxas make an on board one for $20. Most things like vented disc, spools and heap of other aftermarket stuff traxxas has most of the upgrAdes. With the revo u also get a book with a pull apart diagram for every bit of the car, down to washers and it gives u part numbers for all of it and also has a price an parts list for every part u can buy for it from traxxas in the same book.

If you intend on testing its aerial abilities, invest in a spare engine mount.

I've managed to snap mine twice. Dont get me wrong though, its a not a fault with the Revo. I've just managed to land mine on its lid a few times, with some decent force. Because the engine sticks up out of the body, a few nasty inverted landings, will send the shock through the engine, and into the mount.

But hey... if you are sensible, unlike myself :p:, you wont have to worry about what I said. But apart from that, mine as been pretty much bullet-proof. There has been other breakages, but only from some stupid driving - like doing 720 backflips off the top of bmx jumps...:)...:hehe:...:whhooo:...:\

Maybe grab a spare battery pack for the receiver, if you intend on spending a day at your local. - and for clarification, it does indeed come with the battery (and charger) for the EZ-start.

Have fun with it man, you wont regret the choice. I sure haven't :D

Roll cages are the best investment, in terms of bolt on upgrades. Especially if you like getting flamboyant with your driving :D

RCSolutions do some impressive bar-work.
Full cage for the Revo - Clicky

You need a dog, naut. A dog will go to the door and be happy when you sign for packages. A dog will lay at your feet while you're doing the build, and a dog would LOVE to gt to the track with you and stay as long as you'd like. :D
Your wife needs to find a hobby....and a cat.

Last edited:
You wanna laugh.
I have a dog already and the dog listens to me and not my wife. She gets mad at me and when she asks me who I love, my response is "The dog 1st, my car 2nd, and your 3rd". LMAOOOOO

You need a dog, naut. A dog will go to the door and be happy when you sign for packages. A dog will lay at your feet while you're doing the build, and a dog would LOVE to got to the track with you and stay as long as you'd like. :D
Your wife needs to find a hobby....and a cat.

Well what I was waiting for has come. I was waiting for a 2nd shift from my job and didnt want to place my order til it was confirmed mine.
Today was the confirmation day and that means all funds from this 2nd shift goto my RC car and my real car.
Order for the Revo will be placed today. (I'm gettin all antsy now)

Just made my purchase.
can't wait til it arrives, but alot of prepr work before it hits the streets.

Back