Revo 3.3 - Receiver (Controller) Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedTRevo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
:thumbs-down:

Hello,
I have T/Revo 3.3...about 3 years old. Overall not much use, but recently have renewed interest with some local guys who are also getting started again. That said, I performed a basic truck service and now that the battery packs are fully charged, I started to test the steering out. I wish I knew how to describe the issue exactly, but when you turn the steering wheel on the controller the steering servos respond in a very erratic manner. They literally seem to dart left/right/left/left...I mean no predictable response whatsoever.

That said, the throttle servo seems fine. I don't know if it's an issue with the dual steering servos (stock by the way) or the T/link receiver or the remote/controller itself. I tried resetting the controller back to the default, I get a nice steady green light on the receiver (and remote for that matter), but the steering servos behave the same way.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

You might have the radio antenna too close to the receiver, causing chatter. If that's not it, reverse the connections for the steering and throttle to the rx and see if it's now the throttle servo that chatters. If that's the case, you have a problem with the Rx.

Thanks for the reply. Sure enough, I tried your suggestion and the 'chatter' persisted when I switched the throttle servo to CH1 and it happened on both CH1 ports. I then switched each steering servo to the CH2 (Throttle) and each responded fine. So, I'm off to buy a new 2.4Ghz 5 CH receiver. Thanks again.

You might want to consider getting a different radio if you're still using the stock unit that came with the car.

Hey Rolex,
I'm in a state of disbelief. I received a replacement 2218x receiver and installed it...same results. I really didn't think the transmitter was the culprit, but at this point, what else could it be? Any recommendations for a better (and hopefully) and more reliable radio. It's frustrating, I barely even used this thing...always stored it in a temperature controlled area, etc, etc.

It's unusual for the Rx to be fine and the Tx to be the problem. Normally the Rx takes a bad beating from being wrecked in the car so many times.
Well, give us your budget for a radio and we'll advise you. If you really plan to stay in the hobby for a while then you know we'll recommend a higher end unit, but if you just want to get back on the road for now I'd say look into FlySky on Ebay.

It's unusual for the Rx to be fine and the Tx to be the problem. Normally the Rx takes a bad beating from being wrecked in the car so many times.
Well, give us your budget for a radio and we'll advise you. If you really plan to stay in the hobby for a while then you know we'll recommend a higher end unit, but if you just want to get back on the road for now I'd say look into FlySky on Ebay.

I would tend to agree and was quite surprised with the results. Any other thoughts b4 I go and get another Tx? Any possibility the 2 servos are interfering with each other? On the surface, I can't think of how/why since there's very little current running to them and they're closed units.

Thank you...I actually came across the FlySky in my search, but not the Kyosho although I am a fan of the Inferno GT2 line.

Back