Revo 3.3 not moving with low throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel-H

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi,
i bought my first nitro car and already went into trouble :)

The engine is starting fine and doesn't cut off or make strange noises.
I started breaking in according to the manual but noticed that the car wasn't moving as much as shown in the "how to break in" DVD. The first ~20 throttle cycles it wasn't moving at all. It went slowly better so i was able to finish all 5 tanks. Still no problems with engine cut of or stall after that, so i hope the engine is fine...

Today i tried to race the first real tank but the old problem occured again: the car is not really moving on low throttle. I have to push it or to drive downhill. If i apply almost full throttle it starts moving and accellerates.

Is it a clutch bell issue?

Thanks for help!
Daniel

you need to tighten your slipper clutch.its the little nut on your spur gear.

yup that would be it!!! if not let us know and there might be a couple other options.

Thanks guys, you're so helpfull!
The brakes were to tight and the slipper clutch too loose. Now i can drive at low speed too... :)

I had some fun with the first tank, it's really an amazing car! Unfortunately I wasn't able to start the engine with the second tank, but I think the EZ-Starter power pack was just empty.

Next time I'll try to adjust hi/lo for performance.

Thanks again!
Daniel

Back