REVO 3.3 is reving real high and moving real slow???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was driving my rev and it was running great and all of a sudden it shut off due to glow plug went I replaced the glow plug started right up and when I went to take off it was running at a real high rpm had a high pitched whine and move real slow once it got some moment and up and moving drove fin until I slowed down then when I hit gas it would not take off just kinda crawl till got some to speed then runs fine but from start too like 20 mph high rev and moving real slow. Anyone have any idea about what this could be and how to fix it? I am running the traxxas 20% fuel and temp is around 220 it was going up to about 290 when it was reving high though so decided to aks before i burn it up ;)

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks for the fast reply I just tightened the slipper but how do you know how tight to make it. I turned it until the nut was snug it was pretty loose as it took about 4 full turns to make it snug is this about right will test it in the am.

Thanks,
Dan

Run it, tighten it a little, run it again, ect.. If you over tighten it, you'll ruin the pressure plates that hold the tension on it. A drop of blue, removable locktite will keep it put.

Ok just ran it and it s running great better than when new thing has tons of power now if I punch it from a stop it just flips over ;) I am kinda worried about if I tightened it to much I turned it until it was snug is this about where it should be.

Thanks,
Dan

You can back it off to control wheelies a little bit. As long as you didn't crank it down, you should be fine.

Ok have 2 other questions I am running around 240 is this ok temp it is 50 degrees out and also I was jumping it and flipped it a few time the antena straw came ff and am haveing a hard time feedng the antena back though it any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

The head temp sounds fine for TRX 3.3. You can try a little WD40 in the tube.

Make sure the wire is nice and smooth. Run it through your fingers a few times to get any kinks out of it. Do what hams said, or just rub a little spit on it. Enough to get it all wet.

If you have the slipper pretty snug, be extra careful when you land a jump to not be holding down the throttle.

hi ppl i have a couple of questions.
1- how do i create an topic to talk about? its a dumb question but i am new to the forum and can't figure it out, i need help haha.

2- i have a revo 2.5.my revos performance dropped a bit. its not overheating at all,there seems to be still compresion in the moter. i run it for about 1 to 2 minutes and then dies. when it cools down it starts again. is the compression not enough, can it be a tuning problem?

3- I'm gonna buy a second hand revo motor now anyway. is there any specific things i should look for on the engin to make sure it is in good shape?

i will appreciate some help!
have a good one!

Beeks-
1. Usually in the forum area at the top left corner is a button for a new topic.

2. You might have a leak in the motor or the in the fuel system. Try sealing the motor and check the gasket in the fuel tank cap and the pressure line.

3. Don't buy a used Revo motor. If you are going to buy a replacement motor for the Revo you might want to try the Traxxas Replacement program. You can a new stock motor (2.5r or 3.3) for a small charge from a local hobby shop (lhs). I think that they only require you to bring in the old engine.

Back