REVO 3.3 I.D. please please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out model/year I am buying I know it has reverse. I am getting it for short money. I thought I would jump on it. I know it runs good and was broken in correctly. I just don't know for sure on the model. If its the long chassis or short one.I'm tring to attach pics to help not sure if they will upload or not

revo pic1.jpg
revo pic2.jpg
revo pic5.jpg
revo pic4.jpg

That's a 3.3 long chassis. You can tell by the space between your front shocks and tranny.

That's a 3.3 long chassis. You can tell by the space between your front shocks and tranny.

Thanks I was pretty certain it was but had to check. I can pick it up for $ 200.00. I'm thinking abou getting it one of my friends said it might be to much truck for me to handle...lol. but i like the way the suspension is set up. The other thing is that being a long chassis it must be the 5309 model becouse 5310 was short chasis and the 5308 wich from what i been reading is the newest model and has no reverse but when i go to the website (traxxax) it shows only the 5309 with reverse. I wounder if this is the older 5309 long chasis with 14mm. Or if this is the newest 5309 with water proof servos

It's the original 5309. It has the 14mm hubs. Traxxas confused everyone by coming out with a second 5309 after the 5308.

It's the original 5309. It has the 14mm hubs. Traxxas confused everyone by coming out with a second 5309 after the 5308.

Thanks..so i bought it $200.00. Once started it ran good motor mount looks fine all cervos work as they should all linkage and suspension seem to be in good shape. Came with a few extras, my only thing is when we tryed to start it with the easy start it almost seemed like the battery was dead but it wasn't. What he had to do to start it was pull the glo plug turn it upside down stick the easy start back in and blow all the fuel out and put the glo plug back in and then it started right up...What would cause this?

Thanks..so i bought it $200.00. Once started it ran good motor mount looks fine all cervos work as they should all linkage and suspension seem to be in good shape. Came with a few extras, my only thing is when we tryed to start it with the easy start it almost seemed like the battery was dead but it wasn't. What he had to do to start it was pull the glo plug turn it upside down stick the easy start back in and blow all the fuel out and put the glo plug back in and then it started right up...What would cause this?

Also going to re.tune it seems a little slow but not that i want the speed just feels like it needs it... think 20% is what i should be using for fuel?

Also going to re.tune it seems a little slow but not that i want the speed just feels like it needs it... think 20% is what i should be using for fuel?

I assume its just flooded but why?...

Last edited:
That's normal. Too much unburned fuel gets built up on top of the piston. Just like a flooded engine.

If the battery seems weak, it's probably a chance it has lived it's life. Get a new one. When it runs, does it have a nice blue smoke trail or does it drip fuel out the exhaust? If it drips fuel, it's running too rich.

If the battery seems weak, it's probably a chance it has lived it's life. Get a new one. When it runs, does it have a nice blue smoke trail or does it drip fuel out the exhaust? If it drips fuel, it's running too rich.

Thanks Jato

It ran fine the day i bought it. Now wont start errr. Sux i love the truck.. just want to spend $ lol. I started a new tread but now tring to start and it wont. I blew through line and pushed gas through carb fuel line so not blocked. Dumped a little fuel in carb n it did start for a sec.But wheels are spinning as I'm starting so bought some new clutch shoes. Pulled motor and pulled bell housing of both sets of bearing are junk. On the way to LHS now hopefully they stock them...brother n law and father n law both broke there too today..lol so we all on the way there..

I was just at my LHS, ordered 3 Losi 3.4 carbs for all my nitro's.

What do u got for nitros? Hopefully ill be able to find a good...decent priced motor in near future..this is really my first nitro. I had one when i was younger but never really got to use it much...

did i understand that right... you put the losi 3.4 carb on a traxxas 3.3 motor? whats the advantage to that and is it a direct replacement?

I am replacing all my carbs with 3.4's. Less tuning and better topend speed.

Back