Revo 3.3 engine tired. Upgrade time?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeyizle

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Starts fine when cold. Once it gets warm it looses compression so i'm in the market for a new engine. I have looked through just about every post i can find relating to engine conversions in the 3.3.

However i am noticing they are all dated 2+ years ago, I'm thinking that their would be newer engines on the market now.
I mainly use my Revo for bashing and messing around at the local track with a few friends.

After reading alot of reviews the os21tm looks like the perfect engine and noticeably faster than stock, I don't mind spending the money on that engine.

However it seems to be cheaper to put a big block in their. Would i be better off going with a big block and paying the extra for steel gears ect?

I already have a brand new m2c 3 piece clutch for the revo thats currently un-installed.

Thank You

I just put an Ofna JL .28 in mine. It's a mid block not a true BB. I only paid $150 for it on eBay. You only need 2 get a new motor mount.
20131122_193242_zpsd8f3c18f.jpg

I haven't broken it in yet. It's been 2 cold.

+1 on the ofna
I am waiting to break mine in also,lack of time and a muffler lost in transit.
if you do go for the .28 for best results you will need a bb pipe set and a ofna mount other than that its very straight forward and you can use the m2c clutch,i have put the same on mine.

I can attest to the OS21TM being a great motor, in fact I would venture to say it was one of the best I had when I was running nitro. I had the same motor in my Revo and then my Maxx before I decided to go brushless. Check out the vid's below, great engine!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyBo-s_h9Uo"]My OS21 Revo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtgvmJqkvJ0"]My OS21 Maxx[/ame]

Last edited:
I can protest to the OS21TM ............

:hehe: I think you mean attest to the OS21TM

---------- Post added at 6:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:18 PM ----------

.... for the .28 for best results you will need a bb pipe set and a ofna mount.....

Don't you need one more part? ;)

Ah yes you also need one of randy's bb adaptors, work of art

Thanks for the advise guys.
I just bought a os21tm.
with a 16t clutch bell and 36/38 spur gear.
Paid $50 for express post because i want it before the weekend ! :D

OFNA JL.28 is an awsome motor. This is with the stock muffler also. Soon to be changed for next summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
any of you guys have issues with your ofna .28's pull start? Mine seems to not want to retract back in unless I tug on it light and rapidly. Then it'll pull back in but as soon as you try to turn it over it does the same thing again.. Trying to contact Ofna customer service and figure out what I can do about it.

mine feels a bit stiff sometimes but I haven't had an issues with it retracting
I know there was an issue with the .26 max with the cord snapping and not retracing but the .28 looks different