revo 3.3 easy starter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diozxlive

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How many grams can you save if you remove the revo 3.3 easy start?

Not sure on the exact number, but there is enough weight there to make a pretty big difference. I believe anyone who is serious about racing, removes them. You can get a TigerDrive or RotoStart back-plate instead of a pullstart and still have some of the convenience of 'assisted starting'.

Just wanted to share the exact figures and info for the weight weenies....

easy start + wiring harness =145gms
trx pullstart=25gms
sullivan tigerdrive = 34 gms
... so removing the easystart = w saving of 120gms.
and another thing is that u cannot use heli starting wand on the tigerdrive the 7/32 shaft is only 5.5mm whereas the heli wand is 6mm.

Or, just use a backplate and a bump box and call it good. It's much easier.

after a bashing session with the pullstart setup and sore elbow... i have to agree with Cheeseball01....backplate and starterbox makes life easier...

ahhhh , another one from tht dusty attic, i remember when i used to be a rc noob like you guys and i always postes comments on the old threads and got screamed at by every one .:hehe:

ahhhh , another one from tht dusty attic, i remember when i used to be a rc noob like you guys and i always postes comments on the old threads and got screamed at by every one .:hehe:

Yes, you're right, the post was several DAYS old when I posted and the original post was from Halloween. Big deal, info is still there. People can still read and learn, jackazz

i have no bad intention when i re-opened the thread. just wanted to share info that i learned from this thing and pass it on to other newbies with revo

I agree with cheeseball, in addition you can change your flywheel to 40mm dia to easily bump it. An alternative is to use ST Racing flywheel with 3-shoe clutch made for bumpstarter.

My 2-cent from QRCRG (Qatar RC RAcing Group). Doha, Qatar

I agree with cheeseball, in addition you can change your flywheel to 40mm dia to easily bump it. An alternative is to use ST Racing flywheel with 3-shoe clutch made for bumpstarter.

My 2-cent from QRCRG (Qatar RC RAcing Group). Doha, Qatar

This is no longer necessary if you get the Ofna T-Start box. You can used stock flywheel. It's good stuff.

Back