revo 3.3 (5308) sticking in 2nd gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druhot

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello everyone i am having trouble with my revo,um when i take off it's in first,go down street slow down turn come back when i come back sometimes it's still in 2nd gear even after a complete stop.it doesn't do this all the time but occasionally lets say 7 out of 10 times.i have made adjustments to the slipper and the problem is less frequent.is this the right approach to the problem should i continue to tighten slipper i aslo have lowered idle.

Your slipper clutch should be pretty tight, varies, but try 1/4 to 1/2 out from locked (don't flatten the washers between the nut and bearing). That should get you in range if your slipper is the problem.

Did you adjust the shift point in the transmission at all?

cool thanks bro i thought the slipper was it,glad you helped out i was not sure how far to tighten and am have only turned maybe a 1/4 to the right so i think i can go farther still because it was retty easy to turn so far.i havent messed with the shifting point because when it does shift it is perfect rpm range so didn't want to mess with that unless all else failed.thanks for the help.

Was also thinking... if your slipper isn't the problem, you might want to check your clutch (CB) spring and shoes. You may have down shifting issues if the clutch won't disengage. Does your kit roll at idle, maybe abnormally fast?

it's still having problems so i dont think the slipper is the issue,i used to have the idle really high and it used to lurch forward at idle it doesn't anymore since i lowered idle.where is the other clutch i am pretty new to rc.i am learning very fast,and appreciate any help.

It is between the clutch bell and the flywheel (on the engine). You have to take out the engine and pop the E clip off the front of the clutch bell bearing. There is an e-clip, at least 1 shim, and 2 bearings in front of the clutch. Check the condition of the shoes and spring that are mounted on the flywheel.

Back